CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Wasp nest

Old 09-10-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
MysticExotics
Wasp nest

I came across a post on FB of someone trying to sell a wasp nest and a few bird nests.

I posted a pic of a very large, (vacant) wasp nest that is in one of my sheds.
I hadn't seen any activity 3 years ago, when I started working around the property, I doused it to ensure that there were no inhabitants would take issue with me working in the shed.

Note the Cat Face Orb Spider guarding the nest. LOL She can have it!

Old 09-11-2021, 12:01 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
What does someone do with a wasps' nest? Just an interesting piece of nature to admire or is there some use for it?

When I was about 5 or 6, we had a wasps' nest under our patio, which my dad knocked down. I was always fascinated with bugs and creatures, so I really wanted to go look at it, but my parents made me wait a few days to make sure there were no wasps left. By the time I got to go see it, ants had completely eaten it. So disappointing!

Old 09-11-2021, 04:40 PM   #3
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
What does someone do with a wasps' nest? Just an interesting piece of nature to admire or is there some use for it?

When I was about 5 or 6, we had a wasps' nest under our patio, which my dad knocked down. I was always fascinated with bugs and creatures, so I really wanted to go look at it, but my parents made me wait a few days to make sure there were no wasps left. By the time I got to go see it, ants had completely eaten it. So disappointing!
Someone said some people use them for crafting, some use for display.

They are very cool, except the inhabitants. LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google