CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

So this is the blood red clutch come true

Old 09-02-2022, 09:53 PM   #1
Vinman
So this is the blood red clutch come true

So this is the clutch come true. I bred this female now for 3 seasons. Her mom would give me 22 to 26 eggs per clutch and some pretty nice babies. I bred her mom to my ( old man ) he was the original Leach stock bred to a locality Okeetee. The mother of this clutch is Het for blood red. The male I used was The old man bred back to his daughter. There is a lot of Leach stock in this clutch. The first 2 seasons both times the clutched never hatched due the Tainted Sphagnum moss I was using I almost offed her being I thought she was genetically messed up.
I'm glad I tried one more year and put these on coco fiber. They are hatching and the smallest egg in the clutch was the first to hatch & produced this little gem
I'm dying to see what else pops out of this clutch

Old 09-03-2022, 09:13 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
That's a stunning baby!

Old 09-03-2022, 11:00 AM   #3
Vinman
TY I hope it says reddish or gets deeper after it sheds

Old 09-03-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
Frank Pinello
Looks to me that one will be a classic dark red blood red in a couple of years.
Nice start.
Don’t expect much change after it’s first few sheds. It’s gradual and not immediate.

Old 09-03-2022, 04:59 PM   #5
Vinman
I hope I been fooled before Got to see what it looks like after it sheds

Old 10-10-2022, 07:45 AM   #6
Caryl
That's a truly gorgeous baby. I'm glad you tried again this year with a different substrate. Your experience was so terrible. How about some post-shed pics of the clutch?

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 10-10-2022, 09:18 AM   #7
Vinman
I'm not a big picture taker . Right now I have about 150 to 200 snakes to take care of

Old 10-10-2022, 10:26 AM   #8
Rich Z
Hope they prove to be good feeders for you. The original line of Blood Reds were usually a real pain in the behind to get feeding.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:09 PM   #9
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Hope they prove to be good feeders for you. The original line of Blood Reds were usually a real pain in the behind to get feeding.
Yes they are very good feeders. My line has some of Larry Keller's and one animal from the Love outcross. It a real lot of the SerpenCo stock ( I dont know if you ever heard of them ), I bred my pure female Leach/Bell stock crossed to one of my locality male Okeetees. I bred this male into all of those animals and even back bred a couple his daughters back to him.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:08 AM   #10
Basti94
Is there any news here? Great Bloodreds!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google