CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Pitiful....

Old 10-24-2021, 10:07 PM   #1
Rich Z
Pitiful....

Looks like only 18 members have logged in during the past 24 hours.

Obviously most everyone has found places more to their liking elsewhere concerning corn snake discussions. And honestly, I am spending more time just booting out more spammers registering than actual new members than anything else here. I really don't have much to talk about concerning corn snakes since retiring about 10 years ago.

So if everyone has decided to abandon this site, why bother maintaining it?

I guess in hindsight I should have just pulled the plug on this site when I retired the SerpenCo business, but I thought there were enough active members here to keep the interest and participation going. Obviously I was wrong.

This site really doesn't earn me much in the way of income, so financially it is just dead weight I am carrying on my server.

So where do you see this path heading?

Old 10-24-2021, 10:58 PM   #2
chairman
Wish I could offer some optimism about the future. People just don't appreciate the value of forums like this one, the knowledge they contain, and how easily searchable it is. We're probably going to devolve into relying on the most social-media savvy "experts" on snakes to provide information rather than people that actually put in the work and know what they're talking about.

Perhaps you can fold the site into Fauna? The information wouldn't be as well organized lumped into the cornsnake portion of Fauna but at least it would remain available.

Don't know how much that would reduce your costs or the work involved, though.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:30 PM   #3
blacktip
Rich, it is a real shame. This site has been part of my morning routine for the last 8 years. I've learned so much from this site and purchased almost all of my snakes over the years from breeders I found here. I would hate to see it fold, but I can fully understand if you were to shut it down.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:35 PM   #4
SnakeCreations
Ugh... I'm so sorry Rich. I wish it were different.

-Tonya

Old 10-29-2021, 05:19 PM   #5
SnakeSmithS
Please don't let the invaluable information contained on this site disappear. Most may not become members, but I send people to this site all the time to search for answers to their corn questions. Corns are not as popular right now as they used to be, but they will be again when people realize how incredibly boring Ball Pythons actually are.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:01 PM   #6
Coach Pagel
Hello, totally new to site. Need some questions answered about my little buddy. If this isn't the site what do you recommend?

Old 10-29-2021, 06:17 PM   #7
blacktip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pagel View Post
Hello, totally new to site. Need some questions answered about my little buddy. If this isn't the site what do you recommend?
There are still a number of seasoned and knowledgeable users frequenting this site. Create a new thread with your questions and I'm sure they will get answered.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:47 PM   #8
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeSmithS View Post
Please don't let the invaluable information contained on this site disappear. Most may not become members, but I send people to this site all the time to search for answers to their corn questions. Corns are not as popular right now as they used to be, but they will be again when people realize how incredibly boring Ball Pythons actually are.
Unless people SHOW me that this site is valuable to them, how would any reasonable person not think otherwise?

I don't believe I am asking to the moon here. I just need to see people frequenting and participating on this site. Otherwise I have to assume that everyone has come to the conclusion that this site just isn't worth a damn to them. Is that an unreasonable request?

Old 11-21-2022, 12:40 PM   #9
fedrickjeff
Most may not become members, but I send people to this site all the time to search for answers to their corn questions. Corns are not as popular right now as they used to be, but they will be again when people realize how incredibly boring Ball Pythons actually are.

Sent from my TECNO KD6 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google