CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Wrinkly snake!

Old 10-11-2022, 10:08 PM   #1
Rigatoni
Wrinkly snake!

My corn snake, rigatoni, went on a hunger strike but is now eating. He has an infection in his mouth I’m treating with medicine the vet gave me. But, he is very wrinkly. He is not going into shed. He has been like this for 2 weeks. His temps and moisture levels are doing fine, so what’s up with him? Yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-12-2022, 09:36 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Can you post a picture of him? Have you tried giving him a soak? He might be dehydrated.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:38 PM   #3
Rigatoni
He has access to water at all times, but maybe I should be giving him soaks more. I’ll start giving them to him every week and see if that helps

Old 10-12-2022, 08:39 PM   #4
Rigatoni

Old 10-13-2022, 12:05 AM   #5
Rich Z
Looks to me that you have a scaleless form of the corn snake. That is just how they look sometimes, apparently.

But what do I know? Never had any interest in having them myself, so take my opinion with a BIG grain of salt.

BTW, you might want to reduce the size of your embedded images in the future. Makes it difficult to see the image, much less participate in the thread any longer.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:43 AM   #6
hypnoctopus
Ah, well scaleless can look wrinkly just normally! I would still give him a little soak to help make sure he's hydrated while he's on medication

Old 10-13-2022, 12:25 PM   #7
Rigatoni
Thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google