CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Out of Curiousity.....?

Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Sarah1228
Question Out of Curiousity.....?

After I'm done feeding my boy, I always place him next to the water bowl b4 he ventures over to the warm side. He drinks for soooooo long! I swear its for almost 2 minutes strait. Why is that?

I also put little slits thru out the mousers body for better digestion. I tried larger ones but it started to turn in to a massacre!

Are numerous little slits ok, or do I have to do larger ones for the better digestion?

Also, after every feeding & after digestion...how many grams can your snake gain from each meal? I remember reading it some where on these forums, but now I can't find it anymore!

Thanks for your input!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
wstphal
Numerous small slits are fine! And a lot of corn snakes like to take a long drink after eating, that's normal!

Old 10-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
Sarah1228
Thanks wstphal! U always come to my rescue! Lol :-P

Old 10-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
Nanci
You just need to slit through the skin. Snakes gain about 1/3 the weight of the prey with each feeding.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
Onarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah1228 View Post
Also, after every feeding & after digestion...how many grams can your snake gain from each meal? I remember reading it some where on these forums, but now I can't find it anymore!
I'm actually really curious about this as well and have been keeping track of my three babies and intend to keep doing it throughout the years. So far through two months of feeding Seif and Pleione each gain approximately 1/3 of the mouse's weight in body mass. Merope gains approximately 1/5.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
Sarah1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
You just need to slit through the skin. Snakes gain about 1/3 the weight of the prey with each feeding.
Thanks Nanci! As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure u were the one who answered this same question on a prior forum! Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google