CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

How Big?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #31
grankin01
I just got my Orion about 6 days ago. I just used the measuring program from an earlier post and had to guestimate with the power cord from the uth to the edge of the stand b/c the little thing just fed for the second time yesterday and I didn't want to disturb him. It came up with a little over 11" so I'm guessing about 11 to 12 and about 2 months old. First snake I have ever owned so I could be wrong on the age. Good program though. Very easy to use.

Beautiful snake you have there. I can't wait for Orion to get a little bigger so he is easier to handle.

I think the next one I get will be a SMR Okeetee Creamsicle. I love the contrast in colors on them.

Here is my little guy.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #32
Stormy
Aww hes cute! Handling I think is up to the individual snake. Alex has always been very handleable and even came right to me out of the viv in the store. But I understand what you mean, we have some babies that are all over.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #33
grankin01
I had a good handling session with Orion a couple days ago for about 45 minutes. He only tried to dart away a couple of times and that was when my daughter (almost 9 years old) came in a got a little loud and made a couple of fast movements next to him. He calmed down quickly though.

I saw your avatar where the pinkie is sideways in the snakes mouth. This happened when I fed Orion this last time and he just sat there looking at me like "need a little help here". lol I ended up using the feeding tongs to grab the pinkie's foot and helped him straighten out his meal very carefully. I know its off topic for this thread but when this happens will the snake straighten it out themselves or do the actually need the help I rendered?

Old 10-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #34
Stormy
That was actually during Alex's phase where she got it into her head that she needed to show me what she "caught" before she ate it. She would always bring it over to me like she was so proud of herself for catching an already dead mouse.

As for the helping...I usually let our current babies figure it out for themselves. Its how they learn. But I do stay close by just in case. You will notice as they get older and have more experience feeding they get better at it. At least this is my experience.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #35
grankin01
OK, thanks for the info. Next time I will see if he can hash it out himself. Again, wasn't trying to hijack the thread, just curious.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #36
sarae
Diallo is probably around 13 months, close to 30" and 48g. He'll catch up eventually!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #37
Stormy
Quote:
Originally Posted by grankin01 View Post
OK, thanks for the info. Next time I will see if he can hash it out himself. Again, wasn't trying to hijack the thread, just curious.
Its ok I dont mind questions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google