CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Got my 1st CS. need help with I.D.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
russellt
Got my 1st CS. need help with I.D.

Well, i got my first corn a couple days ago and would like to know what she is. i got her at the LPS store. they had a few but all were marked local bred corns and thats all the staff new about them. so i picked out the best one i could find. shes eating f/t pinks with no problem. shes in a 5gal rubbermaid while im getting her 20 gal aquarium together. thanks

Old 10-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Sarah1228
I'm not an expert...but an Amelanistic?

Old 10-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Sarah1228
Here's a good morph guide...

http://iansvivarium.com/

Old 10-31-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Nanci
She's an amel. I think you could even call her a reverse Okeetee, which just means she has wider-than-normal white borders around her saddles. Very pretty!!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
Sarah1228
Nanci we finally agree! Yes! lol

Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
Rdoyle
i am going to go with reverse Okeetee

Old 11-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #7
russellt
Thanks, now if i can just figure out a good name.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
Jessicat
Keep in mind that she may outgrow those borders. I once had an Amel that looked similarly who I thought for sure would be an RO, but by the time she was a yearling her borders had filled in and it was clear she was just an Amel.
She's a gorgeous Amel! Hopefully she keeps the borders for you.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
Sarah1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicat View Post
Keep in mind that she may outgrow those borders. I once had an Amel that looked similarly who I thought for sure would be an RO, but by the time she was a yearling her borders had filled in and it was clear she was just an Amel.
She's a gorgeous Amel! Hopefully she keeps the borders for you.
I was thinking the same thing, b/c I've seen that happen plenty of times before with the same colors as this one. She's a cutie though!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google