CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Needing some feedback on aquarium!

Old 02-17-2016, 01:40 AM   #1
DeathBatCult
Post Needing some feedback on aquarium!

Hello, I am currently housing my female corn snake in her new 40 gallon breeder aquarium. It has her hot and cold hide, a 3d foam rock background, and zoo med medium rock waterfall. I'm wanting to know if this is an ok set up. I didn't realize how HUGE the waterfall would be but when she reaches adult hood, will this set up be ok for her? I wanted to make it very natural for her and was just wanting some feedback if the waterfall would be ok. Right now she's about 3+ ft. Thank you

Old 02-17-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
obboi34
It looks like a very involved space which is great. Lots to do and play with. Keep an eye on humidity in case mold starts. You also have twice as much space as most hobby keepers consider to be a minimum, which is great.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #3
Chip
Agreed, my biggest concern would be humidity from the waterfall.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:19 AM   #4
DeathBatCult
So basically do regular cleaning on the waterfall? Thanks for both of your responses!

Old 02-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #5
obboi34
Keep an eye on the waterfall and on tank items. Mold can be sneaky. One thing you could do is have an intermittent cycle on the waterfall so that it isn't pouring all the time.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:33 AM   #6
nancyg
It's a palace! My experience with any water dish, is that sooner or later the snake will manage to dump it, or fit enough of themselves into it to overflow into the cage.. just be prepared to thoroughly clear any wet bedding to help prevent problems..

She's a lucky snake!

Old 02-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #7
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg View Post
It's a palace! My experience with any water dish, is that sooner or later the snake will manage to dump it, or fit enough of themselves into it to overflow into the cage.. just be prepared to thoroughly clear any wet bedding to help prevent problems..

She's a lucky snake!
So true, lol. I just put a new bowl in, and in less than 8 hours said dump happened.

I have aspen substrate around my bowl but not under it for that reason. The overflows have mostly stayed on the glass and very little into the substrate.

I agree on the lucky snake. Beautiful viv!

Old 02-19-2016, 07:22 PM   #8
Karl_Mcknight
My snake does it wrong. He "Dumps" in his water bowl. It's also his toilet

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google