CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Otis

Old 02-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
nicolefowler2005
Otis

So I have a question for you morph geniuses out there. My new corn Otis is a Reverse Okeetee, when I picked him up at the breeders he showed me the parents. The Male was a beautiful Okeetee and the Female was actually a stunning Butter! Now I know nothing about morphs and genetics and all that but I would like to show you all a picture of him to show you the amazing difference in the end of his body

The whole view

Honestly this is one of the main reasons I chose him! I love his markings and how unique he is but do you guys think this will go away with growth or stay? That is if you even see what I am trying to explain lol . Thanks for reading my long post and looking at my beautiful new baby I can't wait to watch him grow!!!

Nicole

Old 02-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #2
Dragonling
That means he's het caramel. He might yellow up with age a bit.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
nicolefowler2005
Yeah that's what the breeder told me too!! Could that be why his tail is like that maybe?

Nicole

Old 02-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #4
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post
Could that be why his tail is like that maybe?
I don't really know what you mean by "that"? The light background color? The extra thick borders? He looks like a fairly high white ERO, but he could easily color up in the next couple of years.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #5
nicolefowler2005
It's hard to explain sorry but I meant how the end of his tail is almost completely white for the last inch or two! It's like he lost all color from the cloacal down

Nicole

Old 03-01-2016, 08:12 AM   #6
Dragonling
Ah, he could retain a lot of that yes. The saddle borders overtake the inner color at that point, and at this stage at least he has a very pale background. His tail will probably remain lighter even if his background colors up quite a bit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google