CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

How Big?

Old 10-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #11
Sarah1228
Well just make sure you take a pic of your snake NEXT to a measuring device aka ruler/yard stick....I didn't know that's how I was suppose to measure the snake! I was wondering what the heck i was doing wrong & why it wasn't working....yes yes i was having a RAtard moment!

Old 10-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #12
bksbuddha
Did ya get your baby at Petsmart Stormy? The reason that I ask is that's where I happen to get Squiggle & he came w/his feeding chart. I've modified it to suit my needs & use it for all 3 of mine.
Gorgeous baby ya have there Sarah. And now I gotta show off my babies.
Slither before:

Recently:

Squiggle before:

In his cup then

In his cup now:

Sprinkle:

Hard to believe how much my 2 have grown! It's even harder to believe that they were as tiny as Sprinkle. Thank goodness for pics, huh?

Old 10-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #13
Sarah1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bksbuddha View Post
Did ya get your baby at Petsmart Stormy? The reason that I ask is that's where I happen to get Squiggle & he came w/his feeding chart. I've modified it to suit my needs & use it for all 3 of mine.
Gorgeous baby ya have there Sarah. And now I gotta show off my babies.
Slither before:

Recently:

Squiggle before:

In his cup then

In his cup now:

Sprinkle:

Hard to believe how much my 2 have grown! It's even harder to believe that they were as tiny as Sprinkle. Thank goodness for pics, huh?
You have some beautiful babies there too!!! Awesome colors! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #14
Stormy
yep i did get her at petsmart i noticed it depends on the petsmart you go to on if you get feeding charts i got alex at the one in buffalo,ny the one here in louisiana doesnt keep feed charts

Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #15
bksbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
But she is at 194grams and that is with me following the munson plan...
No worries here. My girl Slither is probably way fatter than yours. She's about 3' 10" (& getting ready to shed) @ 394 g.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #16
Sarah1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bksbuddha View Post
No worries here. My girl Slither is probably way fatter than yours. She's about 3' 10" (& getting ready to shed) @ 394 g.
I'm jealous!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #17
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah1228 View Post
Mine is 15 months old if you would like to see pics? Just an FYI measuring the shed is inaccurate and is going to be longer then your snake due to it stretching out when coming off the snake! Here is a great program most users including myself use. All u have to do is take a pic of your snake next to a ruler or measuring tape & follow the steps! http://www.serpwidgets.com/Apps/apps.html
Thanks for sharing I had never seen that. All of mine are in tanks so I just catch them when they are laying along the glass and take a sharpie and make a marks at their nose and tail. Then I will measure the marks. The sharpie comes off with alcohol then we are ready for the next time I want to measure. I got the idea when my kids were little they measured them kind of like that.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #18
Rdoyle
Other Louisiana person Yea. Mine is not year yet he is only about 4 months old and he is 15 inc long and I dont have a scale yet

Old 10-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #19
Haarstad
You could also get a string or shoe lace and start at the head or tail and follow the edge of the body till you get to the other end, then measure the string when you're done

Old 10-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #20
dickdeuel
All of my yearling (15 months) corns are right around 32 inches, give or take a couple inches. I don't weigh snakes, but they look like I want them, normal healthy looking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google