CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Need Some Advice

Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
RoseRed
Red face Need Some Advice

So a week before Thanksgiving I bought 2 hypo Plasma's from a snake breeder in Florida (I'll with hold the name). The problem is I have not received them yet.

The first time it was because he couldn't ship them because of Thanksgiving, ok that sounded valid.

I told him that I could only receive them on Thursdays because of college, so some days he proposed I turned down since I would be in class.

The second attempt he didn't do because he was out of heat packs, which I was glad he didn't send them because I didn't want them to freeze.

The other times it was because it was too cold in my area to ship them.

I even talked to him on the phone Friday and it was agreed that he would ship them tonight and I would receive them tomorrow, but when I emailed him inquiring about the tracking number I have not gotten an answer. Granted there is still time today for him to email me the tracking number, but with the past history failed shipments I am starting to get suspicious.

I am wondering what to do. I am thinking that if he doesn't send them this time to ask for a refund, because it has been three weeks and I have not received them. But then again I may be being too hasty. I need some advice. .

I should also add that I have to keep emailing him/calling to get an answer most of the time.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
airenlow
Did you research his dealings on the BOI? I would check and see if others have had the same problem...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
cornsnakeforsale_com
If you paid with paypal or a credit card you should be able to get your funds returned. That's completely unacceptable behavior from a seller, but things do happen so hopefully you'll be lucky and it will arrive tomorrow. If not, get your money and add an entry to the BOI to help others avoid them in the future.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Christen
I would check like Josh recommended but I wouldn't stress out just yet. It is still early.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Chip
Normally, I would be very patient about having snakes sent December-February. There are storms, cold weather fronts, and each other's schedules to deal with. 3 weeks isn't very long when you only can accept packages on Thursdays, and one of them was Thanksgiving.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
RoseRed
I checked to BOI and there was 1 positive entry. They have a FB page as well and other buyers seemed to be happy.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
RoseRed
Thanks guys this calms my nerves. I'll see what happens tomorrow and if they don't arrive I'll call him and see what is happening.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
Bridget
Another thing to keep in mind... both times I've purchased a snake and had it shipped to me, the seller did not send out the snake until pretty much the last minute the day of shipping. I'm assuming that's for a few reasons, one being FedEx probably does their pick ups later in the day and another being the later in the day the shipping process is started, the shorter the snake has to be packed up and in transit.

I hope that makes sense and above all, I hope you get your healthy/happy snakes on your doorstep (or nearest FedEx location... lol) tomorrow.

Good luck!

Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
Christen
This is very true. I don't take mine till later in the day. Depending on temps not till right at the end. However I do generally process my labels the night before or in the morning so you have the tracking number before hand then just tell the buyer don't be surprised if you don't see the snake as received till late.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
DragonsDenSerpents
I do my shipping as late as possible to minimize time in the box. What concerns me here is the lack of communication from the seller. That being said, there haven't been too many Thursdays since Thanksgiving and weather and schedules could be a factor. I'd give it time, but I do hope the seller keeps up communication.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google