CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Need Some Advice

Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #91
Chip
Very strange. He'd have done well to just post an explanation/huge apology, give a quick refund and go lick his wounds. That email read almost in a threatening manner. If he wants to stretch this out and try to drag others down, he's going to find himself with no integrity. I can tell by the label the package was sent 2nd Day. Also, Photoshop may not be the program used, but those photos are NOT unaltered. Anyone who knows the colors of corns can tell that. Heck, anyone who has eyes can tell that. If he wants it proven, that wouldn't be terribly hard to do. But I don't understand why he wants to draw more attention to himself after all this. Maybe he thinks if we look into the accuracy of his pictures, we'll forget all about frozen snakes being sent 2nd day in an uninsulated box with hand warmers?

Old 12-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #92
Nanci
Did you read the thing on BOI, though, about the tortoises? Where they were sent in two different shipments, both Priority. One shipment, FedEx removed the original label and put on a Second Day label. What was up with that??? How can they do that?? I mean, if it's delayed, it's delayed, but wouldn't it keep the original label?

Old 12-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #93
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Very strange. He'd have done well to just post an explanation/huge apology, give a quick refund and go lick his wounds. That email read almost in a threatening manner. If he wants to stretch this out and try to drag others down, he's going to find himself with no integrity. I can tell by the label the package was sent 2nd Day. Also, Photoshop may not be the program used, but those photos are NOT unaltered. Anyone who knows the colors of corns can tell that. Heck, anyone who has eyes can tell that. If he wants it proven, that wouldn't be terribly hard to do. But I don't understand why he wants to draw more attention to himself after all this. Maybe he thinks if we look into the accuracy of his pictures, we'll forget all about frozen snakes being sent 2nd day in an uninsulated box with hand warmers?
That's what I thought and I don't take threats lightly.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #94
DragonsDenSerpents
Next he's going to be threatening to sue for "slander." He seems to be following right along in the scammer's handbook.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #95
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Did you read the thing on BOI, though, about the tortoises? Where they were sent in two different shipments, both Priority. One shipment, FedEx removed the original label and put on a Second Day label. What was up with that??? How can they do that?? I mean, if it's delayed, it's delayed, but wouldn't it keep the original label?
I've had several shipments delayed since opening the store. I can't guarantee that a label was never changed, but I almost certainly would have noticed. If he sent the snakes Priority Overnight, that doesn't fix the shipping box, but sure would make things look better. He needs to be providing proof that he at least did that part right and stop bashing other breeders for a het not proving out in one breeding trial. How we handle a mistake can say more about us than the mistake happening.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #96
RoseRed
I have read it, I am not sure who he is accusing of tampering with the box. I provided a live recording so it was not me. I doubt FedEx did anything. What I did not show on the video was me opening it (because I only had one hand), it had a lot of packing tape that looked undisturbed. I saw no evidence of tampering with the box.

The last text/message I received from him was on Friday, Dec 16th.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #97
Chip
Typo? Today is December 16th.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #98
Nanci
I can guarantee my labels are the ones I put on because I have handwritten instructions on them, highlighted in pink, for what to do if the package is delayed.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #99
RoseRed
14th sorry I just woke up

Old 12-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #100
RoseRed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsDenSerpents View Post
Next he's going to be threatening to sue for "slander." He seems to be following right along in the scammer's handbook.
I would love to see him to try, seeing as I plan to go to law school it would be a first hand experience. I see very little grounds for a case. Yes the BOI is negatively impacting his business, but all information I provided has evidence to back it up. Plus, none of my statements are either false or malicious (you will note that in my posts I tried to stay as factual as I could and steered away from any direct accusations, name-calling, or emotional statements). Even though I was clearly distraught and emotional in the videos, but that was simply a reaction to how they were shipped.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google