CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

talked to the wildlife permit place in nj

Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
Justine66
Hmmm, that's odd and sort of sad..

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the red eyed corn snakes.. I do find it odd that only "normals" are considered to be illegal, I do get that it is because they are endangered but if the snakes from of out of NJ, then why should it matter? It's not from their lines... :S

I just think it's a little sad that they can't have Classics, but they can have any type of morph out their and that's fine..

just my 0.2 cents!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
loyalsissaly84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine66 View Post
Hmmm, that's odd and sort of sad..

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the red eyed corn snakes.. I do find it odd that only "normals" are considered to be illegal, I do get that it is because they are endangered but if the snakes from of out of NJ, then why should it matter? It's not from their lines... :S

I just think it's a little sad that they can't have Classics, but they can have any type of morph out their and that's fine..

just my 0.2 cents!
I agree, but I'm guess I am relieved that most of my little babies can still stay with me, I just don't know how to tell my younger son that his hybrid corn cant come with us . I just have to find good homes for them now.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
codymi
maybe you could show a bill of sale from the breeder? no idea if that would make a difference or not.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #14
Nanci
You'd think there would be a way for them to get grandfathered in. How is anyone going to know? I mean, I wouldn't knowing sell a prohibited morph/species, but if you already have it, and it was legal in a different snake, does anyone really care about two little cornsnakes?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
Nanci
But you're probably doing the right thing...

Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
loyalsissaly84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
But you're probably doing the right thing...
I hope so, my friend is going to pick them up next week, he just lost his 5 foot corn snake last month, so at least these little guys will bring him joy and he has experience, I'm happy he decided to take them. I feel a lot better now, that I know where they are going.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #17
Justine66
that's good to hear! I'm glad that you found a good home for your babies.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
loyalsissaly84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine66 View Post
that's good to hear! I'm glad that you found a good home for your babies.
Ty, I'm breathing a little easy now.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalsissaly84 View Post
I just talked to them on the phone and they said any cornsnake is allowed ghost, candycanes, etc as long at is does not look like a normal cornsnake, which is endangered in Nj. She said it was fine and I asked her again and she told me no worries AS LONG AS IT. DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A NORMAL IT IS ALLOWED.
I would like to know when this is wrtten ""law"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
Okeetee's and Miami's are both "Normals". Even tho both of yours are obviously not NJ corns, they're still illegal per NJ "because they look like normals". It used to be "Red eyed Corns only" so it sounds like NJ has amended their regulation.
I still think it is still just "Red eyes" that are allow but I would be happier that it was amended!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
You'd think there would be a way for them to get grandfathered in. How is anyone going to know? I mean, I wouldn't knowing sell a prohibited morph/species, but if you already have it, and it was legal in a different snake, does anyone really care about two little cornsnakes?
Good question...

Nobody will know!!! Shhhhh.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #20
loyalsissaly84
This is the number I called and talked to a lady today 908-735-5450. Just in case anyone wants to double check, if you do please keep me updated. Maybe I didn't ask the right questions, idk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google