CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

talked to the wildlife permit place in nj

Old 01-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #21
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
You'd think there would be a way for them to get grandfathered in. How is anyone going to know? I mean, I wouldn't knowing sell a prohibited morph/species, but if you already have it, and it was legal in a different snake, does anyone really care about two little cornsnakes?
You would have had to possess them prior to the law taking effect in order to grandfather them.

Owning a permit in most states that require one, gives the authorities having jurisdiction the right to inspect your collection without a search warrant or probable cause.

We have eastern massasauga rattlesnakes where I live. It's a $500 fine for attempting to catch one, a felony to possess one. It's considered possession once you capture it. http://www.paherps.com/herps/snakes/massasauga

Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #22
loyalsissaly84
I did not ask about breeding or selling, I just asked that I had these certain morphs and she asked about eye Color and if they looked like a normal cornsnake. The eye colors were no concern to her, she said I just could not own a cornsnake that looked like a normal because they are endangered over in Nj. But everyone that does not look like a normal was ok.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google