CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

whats everyones thoughts

Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
nmoore601
I think it's well worth it. I now own the parenting stock.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
kathylove
"Unless you simply wanted a one-of-a-kind living work of art. Many, perhaps most cornsnake buyers don't ever intend to breed their pets.

It's always fun to have the only one, to be able to watch it develop, to document its progress with photographs."

That is true of typical corns. But I doubt that many people spend $1000+ on a corn they don't intend to breed. But if somebody can afford to do that, more power to them, lol!

If it was a new mutation and no other related snakes were alive, it might remain one of a kind. But when the component genes are readily available, it won't remain one of a kind for too long, even if the purchaser never breeds it.

It is up to each person to decide how much they can afford, and if a particular animal is worth the asking price FOR HIM OR HER. There can be lots of reasons to buy an animal besides its value in a business sense. So it is a very personal decision for each person. But from a business perspective, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a new combo that others can also produce as quickly (or almost as quickly) as the new purchaser could. For a new gene, such as the Palmetto, getting in early is probably a better business decision than getting in early on a new combo of "old" genes, IMHO.

I am not saying anything negative about the beauty of the snake - it is gorgeous. I am only commenting on its business potential, which may not be at all important to the new purchaser. And I also agree with setting a high initial asking price. It is worth whatever the market will bear - an unknown value right now. You can always go down if it proves to be set too high. But you can't go up if you set it too low. And selling the first few at less than the market would have paid only serves to cheapen the project, even in the longer term.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
chris68
Some folks just have to have "the one and only". While the market may not be too cash flush right now "The Market" insofar as to who knows about corn snakes as "pets" continues to expand. If Justin Bieber had picked a corn snake instead of a boa, and all of a sudden corn morphs are all the rage because of his "market reach" $2500.00 for the next big thing could just be an opening bid

They're only worth as much as you can get for them; nobody needs them...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google