CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Yearling Corn, adult mice to small?

Old 12-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Justine66
yeah that's what I'm thinking is going to happen with Sirius,
lol I remembered hearing about your first snake.. lol maybe hell be large, but I think hell slow down eventually.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
AliCat37
Lol my three yearlings are also about 75 grams.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
WingedSweetheart
I think in Sylvara's case it's genetics. Her mother was a big girl too.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
Justine66
Hmm if 75 is normal for a yearling than maybe Sirius parents were both large too, lol 250 is large im finding out, but as long as hes healthy im a happy girl no matter how big he gets.. I do think hes going to be quite long though.. Lol hes already also 4 feet.. Aha

Old 12-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
Justine66
I added photos to my one album on my page, you can see just how much hes grownnon the past few months.. **

Old 12-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #16
GMR_TFH
I also have two corns that are 17 and 18 months old and the oldest is 93 grams and the other one is 86 grams! I don't knew what you're feeding your corn but that's one huge snake! I thought that mine were small when someone said their younger corn was 119 grams but this is out of the ball park! I am feeding my girls a rat crawler (about the size of a small mouse) each every seven days and this is the third week they are eating this size. I just recently found someone in my local area who raises his own mice and rats, but previously had them on two fuzzies because the local PetSmart didn't carry any thing between the fuzzies and small mice so I couldn't move them to hoppers. So anyways, I just recently found this guy and now I'm feeding them the rat crawlers instead. I'm hoping this will help them gain some weight, but not that much! LOL

Old 12-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #17
5 Star Serpents
I have an 18 month old girl from small parents, she's never been fed more often than every 7 days and she is pushing 300, she is a MONSTER, and much larger than all of my others that are her age.
I wouldn't worry too much honestly, just be cautious not to overfeed him at this point.

Let me add to it that I have a few Jan/Feb babies that range from mid 70's to high 80's for weight, on a strict 7 day meal plan. Never sooner, never later. I know people who have babies from this year that are larger than mine and that are may/june hatch, however I can't speak for their feeding regiments either.

What you feed them, and what the feeders are fed makes a difference too. Think about the bugs you feed to your lizards for example, the better gut loaded the bugs are with better quality gut load, the better the bugs are for the lizards.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #18
Spencer
My corn just moved to Hoppers yesterday. Hopefully I'll get growth because she is so small. I've had her since October and got 3 sheds so far.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #19
Chip
A shed a month/5 weeks is typical for grow-outs, I'd say yours is right on track.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
Spencer
Oh cool. I expected every 3 weeks though. Like... beginning of October till now....4th or 5th she'd. She just had third yesterday.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google