CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Best way to get a photo?

Old 01-15-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
SnakeDipperSnipper
Best way to get a photo?

Snipper shed today! (first shed he has had with me0

it went wonderfully!

And he looks amazing
But he keeps moving whenever I go for a picture

Is there a trick or do I just get lucky?

Old 01-15-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
DollysMom
I usually put mine on the bed with either a hide, vine, or other kind of prop for them to explore. Then I keep snapping away. Sometimes I get one good pic out of 20, but it's usually a little better than that. They will pause and if you can focus fast enough you can get a good pic. Best wishes. I'm getting better with practice and you will too.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
Dragonling
Set a cup or other small container over him until he settles down and curls up...3-5 mins or so ought to do. Then lift off and snap away before he moves too far!

Old 01-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
if your camera has a flash the movement will be "Stopped" provided the shutter speed is greater than 1/30th of a second. (That holds true for most flash cameras).

I aim the camera at my snake, and of course he moves, but I try to anticipate his actions and just keep the camera on him and then when he stops *SNAP*

If you have a decent video camera, you can shoot some short video footage of him, then go back and edit the video and extract "Snap Shots" from the video. It takes a few minutes and some editing on the computer, but I have actually made some nice shots like this before.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #5
Glenaerie
Has anyone found a "best lighting" situation for best color when you are photographing your snake indoors?

Old 01-15-2016, 08:08 PM   #6
SnakeDipperSnipper
So I got this pic

He looks a bit more orange then he actually is thou

and heres the shed

Old 01-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #7
DollysMom
Those are great, SnakeSnipperDipper! Snipper is beautiful and that's a great shed.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #8
Nanci
I went to this photo talk by Bill Love at a reptile show, once. He keeps a kit of natural things to use to create an outdoor diorama, inside. Branches, sand of different colors, stones, etc. So he'll put the snake under a dark bowl and kind of build the set around it, then remove the cover, and the snake will sit still for a bit. I've even done this outside using clear deli cups.

Another good trick, when it's warm, is to place the snake in a tree (where it can't climb out of your reach). This keeps them busy, and leaves you with two free hands.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:59 AM   #9
Zincubus
Greet suggestions guys ( and gals ?)

Old 01-23-2016, 04:07 AM   #10
kdickens
Nanci is right about the tree. I tried this and Loopy was happy just looking around. He moved very slow!
(Click Here)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google