CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Not impressed!!

Old 02-26-2016, 08:39 PM   #1
nicolefowler2005
Not impressed!!

So I decided to join this Corn Snake Owner group on Facebook so I could look at the different corns out there and I tell you i am pretty appalled at some of the things I have seen!! People that are giving terrible advice and people that have no business owning a snake!! There is nothing that bothers me more than seeing people not taking care of any animal!! And it's upsetting to see people getting really bad advice too, not that I am an expert but it's called common sense!! SORRY FOR THE RANT

Nicole

Old 02-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
mrobinson12
Probably the same one I was on and dropped real quick. I have a love/hate with FB as it is and that is with people I choose to be friends with lol. It is unreal what people will say and then the trolls that give the wrong advice on purpose. Only to have the people just believe them smh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 02-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
nicolefowler2005
Honestly some of the stuff on their makes me sick!! There was one guy who called himself a breeder that was telling people to give their corns Gatorade instead of water because it was better for them!! I called him out and said he's probably killing people's snakes!!

Nicole

Old 02-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
LOL!!! I see a lot of that same stuff here Nicole.

We just gotta take the good with the bad, and sometimes when we read these posts whether here or facebook, take them with a grain of salt.

I think a lot of the "Problem Folks" are kids with their first snake. Let's face it, you'll pay over a thousand dollars for a good dog or horse, but any idiot can get a corn snake for 30 bucks...... and they do.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
nicolefowler2005
That's true I guess but it makes me so mad!! I know when I first got mine I would have believed anything anyone on here said!! Thankfully I got good advice then got my own books to learn more but Gatorade i mean come on

Nicole

Old 02-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
yup, you nailed it. You never know who you're chatting with on the internet. Even the "So-Called Breeders and Experts" may not really be. I mean I could call myself a Thoracic Surgeon and post on a medical website, but I'm still just a Steel Worker in real life.

The best thing anyone can do when getting a new pet, I don't care what it is, is read all the books, Videos, visit the local Zoos, pet dealers, Find people in your area that are raising animals successfully, and then if you want to join a forum and chat with other folks that's always an option but at least we did our homework first.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #7
Karl_Mcknight
And for the record -

I'd never give Rufus gatorade. But he loves Starbucks French Roast with a splash of cream.

Just kidding

Old 02-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
nicolefowler2005
Very true I just know a lot of people go to the forums and Internet first nowadays and like you said you never know what your getting!! I've gotten bad advice at pet stores too though so I guess unless you do your research and find someone reputable you never know

Nicole

Old 02-27-2016, 06:44 PM   #9
nicolefowler2005
He likes tequila too right lol

Nicole

Old 02-27-2016, 06:44 PM   #10
Karl_Mcknight
shhhh......

I'm gonna have to put him in Rehab

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google