CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Not impressed!!

Old 02-27-2016, 06:48 PM   #11
Karl_Mcknight
Fortunately for me I guess, there has always been a lot of Pet Snakes in my area. I'm in Central Tennessee just a few minutes south of Nashville, and besides the typical pet stores that sell snakes, we also have one store that sells nothing but reptiles. They have all kinds of snakes and lizards and that's all they sell. Their animals are well cared for, and the people that work there are great. They've been in business as long as I can remember. Whenever I've had a problem or question they are always the first people I go to.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #12
nicolefowler2005
Man I would love to have a place like that in Maine!!

Nicole

Old 02-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #13
mrobinson12
I would love to have an all reptile store around me lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 02-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #14
Distaff
I can actually understand someone believing the Gatorade advice; it has salts and electrolytes - even if almost no one really knows what that means. Epsom salts actually ARE supposed to be good for tomatoes - something about calcium and magnesium....

So, yeah, it could seem plausible. What would deter me is that Gatorade has sweetner (sugar?? I don't know - I don't drink it), and sweet foods are not part of a snake's diet.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #15
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post
Man I would love to have a place like that in Maine!!

Nicole
There's been plenty including mine. There just isn't enough of a market here.

I know of three that were either all reptiles and amphibian's or had large reptile rooms that went out of business in the last year

One of our main purposes is to educate to help grow interest in reptile keeping right here in Maine and to show how many fascinating species are available on the unrestricted list.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:09 PM   #16
nicolefowler2005
I think there would be more of a market if people knew what was out there!! Before I found Bella and fell in love all I ever saw in Maine Pet Stores were Boa's and geckos and such!! I just know that for me to get almost anything I need for my babies I need to either order online and wait forever or drive over an hour to get to a store that has anything reptile!!

Nicole

Old 02-27-2016, 11:31 PM   #17
daddio207
I wish that was true !
Our local Petlife has a Childrens python and arazona mountain king snake for sale for 6 months with no takers. I bought the adult albino pacman that they got in at the size of a quarter. They had to transfer out of state a frilled lizard. Just a few examples. Common BP's, Boas and Beardies sell quick though.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:43 PM   #18
nicolefowler2005
I just don't get it!! You would think with their vast color variations and options that corns would be the top sellers but I guess not

Nicole

Old 02-28-2016, 01:03 AM   #19
Dragonling
It's similar around here, and I agree...people just don't know what's out there. I talked to a customer the other day who was bragging about having a snow corn. I wanted to tell him about my 6+ gene pair...

Old 02-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #20
daddio207
Well it comes down to price ...... The pet store shopper doesn't care about or will pay for genes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google