CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Need an ID, think seller sent wrong snake!

Old 02-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #31
DLena
Smile Thank you for the help!

Thank you, everyone, for all the input and help. She is lovely and very sweet. I'm glad she's a girl...I would have gone with Meatloaf if she was a boy, but can't do that to a girl. Her name is Gypsy. My first snake was off Don's surplus list at SNR, and she was exactly as pictured. I have learned.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #32
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Thank you, everyone, for all the input and help. She is lovely and very sweet. I'm glad she's a girl...I would have gone with Meatloaf if she was a boy, but can't do that to a girl. Her name is Gypsy. My first snake was off Don's surplus list at SNR, and she was exactly as pictured. I have learned.
I see in your sig you say Gypsy is a "common". She's actually a called a "normal". I only point this out not to hassle or correct you; but rather because I don't consider her common, but very, very special. So are you very special to love her and give her a good home. Nothing common about you either. All my best to you and Gypsy.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #33
DLena
Thank you for the help with my signature line. Is it correct now?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #34
Nanci
You could also call her a Classic, or Wild-type. :-)

Old 02-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #35
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Thank you for the help with my signature line. Is it correct now?
Yes, and as Nanci said, "classic" is the other term used. Again, it wasn't meant to be a correction so much as an affirmation of how special you and Gypsy are.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:47 PM   #36
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post
WELL that settles it !! I'm going out of corn snakes cause that looks like a female tail to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Looking at these pics, without actually probing the animal to verify, I would likely call it a female too. It's just kind of unusual for someone to sell a breeding sized female right before breeding season. At least it used to be when I was doing this stuff.

Anyway, sorry about throwing some doubt about the sex of the animal. From the original pics, the tail looked more like a male to me.
I"M BACK INTO CORN SNAKES !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the back up Rich Z ! I thought I was loosing it

Old 03-01-2016, 08:33 AM   #37
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Looking at these pics, without actually probing the animal to verify, I would likely call it a female too. It's just kind of unusual for someone to sell a breeding sized female right before breeding season. At least it used to be when I was doing this stuff.

Anyway, sorry about throwing some doubt about the sex of the animal. From the original pics, the tail looked more like a male to me.
Glad I might not be totally crazy for thinking the same...

I've been seeing some post-brumation sales here and there. People changing their minds on projects I guess. There's one big sale I've got my eye on in case the subadult I'm after ends up getting fully paid for by the original currently defaulting buyer.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:33 PM   #38
Distaff
Would love another corn in a locality phase or a classic type.

I went to their site to see of any more "Miami"s" were for sale. Didn't find anything avail - not actually wanting to be a BA customer, but was a little curious if the snake they insist they shipped could still be purchased!

OP, good luck with Gypsy.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:53 PM   #39
Myca
I am glad you like your classic. Don, at SMR, would have sent you another snake if he remotely thought he sent the wrong one. You should have gotten what you paid for, a Miami. The company that made the mistake should send you a Miami, female, at their expense and let you keep the classic, if that is your wish. That is just good business. I ordered a motley sunglow female from Don at SMR. He didn't care for the motley pattern. He offered, then sent along a male sunglow motley with a near perfect pattern. What a guy! Steve Roylance, Nanci, Walter and John are great to work with too. I'm missing someone I have bought from, but I will think of him later. I wish you the best.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #40
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distaff View Post
Would love another corn in a locality phase or a classic type.

I went to their site to see of any more "Miami"s" were for sale. Didn't find anything avail - not actually wanting to be a BA customer, but was a little curious if the snake they insist they shipped could still be purchased!

OP, good luck with Gypsy.
You'd be much better off contacting Carol Huddleston, carol@lowbellyreptiles.com

She makes the best Miamis, hands down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google