CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Layne Labs - unsatisfied customer

Old 08-19-2016, 11:34 PM   #1
djc3
Layne Labs - unsatisfied customer

Hi,

I wanted to post my experience with Layne Labs, since it has been different than most of the reports I have seen on this site.

1st order of birds arrived in good condition but was unusable. I ordered 12 to 18 gram quail and they sent quail weighing about 45 grams. They refused to fulfill the order even though it was listed as in stock on the website. They did refund order, including shipping costs, and I have not seen that product listed on their website since.

2nd order was for mice and rats. Arrived solidly frozen, good quality, but several bags had broken so needed to sort and repackage - not a big deal.

3rd order received today. 1 package broken open, contents thawed. The other packages containing the smaller mice (pinks and fuzzies) were also not frozen. I don't have any confidence that the adult mice and rats are safe to feed/are frozen solid. No dry ice in container - either not used or not enough used and it had all evaporated.

I imagine they will refund my money including shipping, but I won't be ordering from them again.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #2
insomniac101
Wow. Very uncharacteristic of Layne Labs. I've ordered many times from them, and other than a small variance in sizes, the product and service has been great.

It will be interesting to see how they respond. Please let us know what happens.

Thanks,

Kathy

Old 08-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
DLena
I'm shocked! Definitely keep us posted on how this sorts out. Maybe this should be a question on the BOI over on Fauna Classified? Did LL switch management or something?
Wow...and I recommend them to everyone. Damn.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #4
DollysMom
I've had three orders of mice from Layne Labs so far and all have been frozen hard, looked good upon arrival, and have been eaten eagerly by all three of my snakes. The last order, which I placed on June 3 of this year, came in Mylar bags.

I too wonder, what is going on? I'm sad your experience has been the complete opposite of mine.

P.S. Mine have always arrived with dry ice to spare, just FYI.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
I've only ordered 1 time from them. The mice arrived in perfect condition, I'm just no longer willing to pay those High Shipping fees when I can buy the same size mice down the street at my local pet shops for much less.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #6
Zombiegirl
I'm also shocked by this. Every order I have placed has been packaged very well, enough dry ice to spare (like DollysMom) and my snakes have never refused to eat their mice/rats.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:40 PM   #7
DLena
I've ordered twice from them. The second time was just this past July. I have no complaints at all. I ordered mice, day-old through large, and rats crawlers through medium. Every eats them without hesitation. No yucky smell.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #8
djc3
Haven't heard yet, but didn't expect to over the weekend. I don't anticipate any issues - would expect they'll either refund or reship the order. You all have had good experiences, can only assume I am under a black cloud of doom when it comes to ordering from LL.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:58 PM   #9
MysticExotics
I have had some bags split open, from the dry ice, but they've always arrived still frozen, and there was one occurrence when one bag was short a handful of mice, and a few hoppers were day old size pinks, but they more than made up for it on my next order.

I've been very happy with Layne Labs, and the only reason I have gotten my last order from else where, was because it was a local breeder that I could get them from sooner.

Was it possible that your order was delayed in transit, causing them to thaw?

Old 08-22-2016, 12:12 AM   #10
HerpsOfNM
I miss The Mouse Factory!

Tried Layne Labs, had similar discrepancies as others but not to the degree of djc3. Due to them and pricing/shipping I opted to go local once I moved to Dallas-Ft. Worth. I only used Layne when I was in NM. I use Big Cheese out of Ft. Worth, and having moved closer to them recently I can just simply go pick up. Sizes can be a tad off, but not really enough to complain about for me - I make it work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google