CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

First LIVE meal....

Old 06-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
DaBachelor
Exclamation First LIVE meal....

Hey i have a situation that im not quite sure about. I have a 12 month old Amel and ive usually feed him frozen thawd, however in older to get his food its a 30 min drive to another city wich i forgot to pick up 2 days ago. So i entered this pet shop looking for the smallest fuzzy and they happened to have one. though i really dont prefer to feed him live im a little worried... how should i do this? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
danielle
You should kill the fuzzy first by placing it in a bag and bashing it so it can't chew on your snake seriously, or break its neck with a butter knife by holding the fuzzy's head still with the knife and pulling hard on its tail. If you do feed live you risk injury to the snake or your snake becomming a problem feeder because it got a taste of the real deal.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
chad27
snake should handle a small fuzzie live i would think. not much to a fuzz

Old 06-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
chad27
Well my snake kills a mouse in less than 2 min no problem the rats are a problem to strong

Old 06-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
Hallie
I agree with Danielle. Even a fuzzy can injure a snake, they have teeth. You should pre-kill it before feeding it to your snake.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad27 View Post
Well my snake kills a mouse in less than 2 min no problem the rats are a problem to strong
Regardless how effective a killer your snake is..a bite can happen before you can stop it. Unless your snake will not eat thawed there is no reason to risk injury to your snake.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
chad27
Well that is my case i have tried thawed ,blow dried, wiggle with tongs late night what ever she just turns the other way like no thank you she is a hunter

Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
Nanci
It also wouldn't hurt him a bit to just skip the meal till you have a chance to buy frozen mice again next week.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
chad27
Well i tell you it would be easier if she would it thawed but it just dont seem to happen i wasted money for sure on that but it was worth a try. although she just seems to love to hunt them down. and her prime feeding time is at night when she is out and about under the black light. not that big of a day feeder

Old 06-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #10
vetusvates
LOL. Danielle, your quick and complete response (post #2),......almost kind of scares me. LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google