CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Young corn snake is really active, but not eating

Old 04-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
KarenC723
Young corn snake is really active, but not eating

Hi all, my son's corn snake is maybe about 20 months old. We've had her since she was about 4 months. Last night she rejected her third feeding in a row... We thought she was rejecting food because she was going to shed, which did happen a few days ago. We thought she'd be starving last night! But no, she was completely uninterested. She was very interested in touring the kitchen chairs, though. She's been very active the past few days, in general. She's also been pooping every time she's out to feed. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
Christaberk
Are you sure she is a she and not a he?

Old 04-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
KarenC723
Hahaha... Not 100%. We thought we figured it out when we got her/him, using a book on corn snakes and looking at his/her tapering. Always worth another look.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
KarenC723
And honestly now as I look online I see that's not the most accurate method. Aside from the 'probing' I see referenced, is there a safe way to determine if maybe she is a he?

Old 04-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
KarenC723
So, we looked at her when I got home- I'm 99% sure she's a girl.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:58 AM   #6
smigon
This is the season of love, and both females and males stop eating for up to 3 months or so. Unless they look emaciated just let them be, when the season changes s/he will always go back to normal.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #7
KarenC723
Thank you! My son is very relieved. Corn on the Cob seems happy and healthy, and is just much more active than usual- we couldn't figure it out.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #8
Zeina
Oh my God- "Corn on the cob"??? I. LOVE. IT.
I can't even handle how cute that is lol

Old 04-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #9
frostgfx
If Corn on the Cob looks better next to your clothes in the closet then she is a she.... Good luck and positive energy...

Old 04-15-2015, 10:08 PM   #10
KarenC723
Thanks everyone- there's a very relieved 11 year old boy here!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google