CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Dead or Alive

Old 10-02-2021, 11:49 AM   #11
crackerhead
I'd guess from the looks of it that tip is dead. The very end is definitely gone from what I can see in the photo. Not really a big deal functionally. At this point it is more cosmetic than anything else. I'd definitely be more vigilant with all sheds from now on. This kind of thing can happen repeatedly if you aren't careful and then it's a really big issue. If it truly is dead, it will fall off on it's own. Just keep it clean and if you want put some Silvadin Cream or Neosporin on the area. Snakes are tough creatures. I've seen many snakes in the wild with large portions of their tails gone and they do just fine. Garter snakes, being diurnal, regularly lose tail tips to birds trying to eat them.

Terri

Old 10-26-2021, 07:47 AM   #12
Tosh F
Thank you everyone for your kind advise. Being a caring snake owner this kind of thing is quite alarming. As far as an update. We now how a tip less corn snake. She is still beautiful and you can barely even notice it gone. She shows now difference in her demeanor. She has still never struck at at any one of us and still has a good appetite. She enjoys being handled and still likes to curl up the tip of her tail around our fingers even though there's not much tip to curl. I don't know why I was worried about it being a traumatic experience for her... she's most unphased.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:34 AM   #13
hypnoctopus
Glad to hear it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google