CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Another feeding question...sorry

Old 03-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
Stix
Another feeding question...sorry

Hiya i'm new to the board and a little confused. Its my 1st snake and i'm feeding him for the 1st time tomorrow i know i have to put him in another container with the pinkie but do i then put the feeding container in his viv and leave him for awhile? Thanx

Old 03-04-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
howiet4702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix
Hiya i'm new to the board and a little confused. Its my 1st snake and i'm feeding him for the 1st time tomorrow i know i have to put him in another container with the pinkie but do i then put the feeding container in his viv and leave him for awhile? Thanx
After the little guy is done eating, I wait about 10 mins before I gently let him crawl back into his viv.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
Stix
Oh ok thanx a lot

Old 03-04-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Mangrove
Lightbulb

You are not supposed to hold the snake either for 2 days after the feeding it lets the digestion get complete and keeps stress low so your snake doesn’t that’s all I have to say

Old 03-04-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
Chip
Once your snake gets a few meals in it, handling after feeding doesn't seem to be as big of a problem as advertised. I usually wait until the next day, but unless I know I have a regurger, I'll handle any snake over a couple months old after feedings with no problems. If the snake is really getting worked up, I'd try another time though. Too much stress will cause the food to come up! Overall, I think the handling rule is extremely overstated.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
Mangrove
Exclamation

I am always afraid I am going to cause harm to my snake, I am not afraid I am going to stress it out I am more afraid that she will be a little jumpy after a god meal.

And it is jut a safety thing to tell a newer member to jsut keep them on their toes, but I do agree that this point is over emphasized, once your snake is use to you and feeding I think that that fear will subside.

Old 03-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
Stix
Thanx everyone. I fed him tonight. He didn't seem ready to be picked up, i haven't had him very long so i fed him in his viv although i dont think he saw me but he ate the pinkie straight away-just hope he keeps it down.

Old 03-05-2005, 03:50 PM   #8
DdotSpot
Sounds like everything went well! Congrats. Make sure to post some pics of your little guy so we can oohh and ahhh at him.

Oh and what did you name him?

Daniel

Old 03-05-2005, 04:15 PM   #9
Stix
I'll post pix's soon, aslong as i can figure out how to post them. I called him Jinx.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #10
MegF.
Did you put the pinky on something so that he won't ingest substrate? I know people say that problem is over-rated too, but there are people on here who have had impaction problems from substrate ingestion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google