CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

question bout feeding

Old 12-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
dreamdraka
question bout feeding

okay, I feed my corn snake 1 pinky a week. He seems to be fine. But i read about people feeding their baby corns a few pinkies? something like that every few days?.Idk im confused lol I dont know if im doing the right thing.. Here is a pic of him the day after he was fed. Im unsure of how old he is also.Ive had him for bout 3-4weeks so im gussing 2 months or so.

Old 12-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
danvega
Seems like you are doing things alright. The appearance of the large lump after feedings is exactly want you want to see. When the lump becomes less apparent (after subsequent feedings), you can then [safely] move up to two pinkies, or a small fuzzy. Hope this helps.

Old 12-11-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
Lennycorn
Yep, I can see the lump. And you're doing right!
You can feed your guy every five days, or up to every seven day. I fed my every seven days just because it's easy for me to remmember. And I don't plan on breeding. Also a general rule is only feed your snake something (pinky, hopper etc) thats 1 1/2 of snake widest point. When you are referring to food size you can't go by the snake age. you go by the girth of it.

Good luck with your snake
Keep us posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google