CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

New enclosure questions

Old 06-12-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
agonzaga281
New enclosure questions

My year old Snake is already starting look like she is outgrowing her enclosure. So keeping an eye outfor one. Been researching bioactive extensively. (a lot). So thinking of going that route because it's a topic that generally interests me and I like gardening on my free time so I know about keeping plants alive. Been torn between the zen habitat enclosures and the AP enclosure. However, I have a gut feeling the zen enclosures would be a better deal because they have more ventilation than the AP enclosures. What's your experiments with Pvc enclosures? What 4 x 2 x 2 enclosure is been best for you guys?... In the area of keeping your adult corn snake.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:23 PM   #2
MissJennifer
Hi! Honestly, I have mine in an 40 gal breeder. & it's been perfect. Mist extremely well once a day; in shed. & with eggs 3 - 4 times.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Old 06-12-2021, 10:40 PM   #3
agonzaga281
Thanks! I'm going to stick with a 4ft enclosure though!

Old 06-13-2021, 01:39 AM   #4
Shiari
Most of what I have is AP enclosures. You can always add extra ventilation with a drill and putting in strategic holes. I'll be doing this a bit with my ball python's cage.
When I have my own place I'll definitely be upgrading everyone into 4x2s and a couple into 6x3s. While the 36"x18" is technically a decent size for my smallest adult, a female that is 41 inches long my 2nd largest is rapidly nearing 5 feet and there's started to be studies showing that the ability to stretch out fully results in less stereotyping behaviours exhibited by snakes.

Old 06-13-2021, 05:57 PM   #5
agonzaga281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Most of what I have is AP enclosures. You can always add extra ventilation with a drill and putting in strategic holes. I'll be doing this a bit with my ball python's cage.
When I have my own place I'll definitely be upgrading everyone into 4x2s and a couple into 6x3s. While the 36"x18" is technically a decent size for my smallest adult, a female that is 41 inches long my 2nd largest is rapidly nearing 5 feet and there's started to be studies showing that the ability to stretch out fully results in less stereotyping behaviours exhibited by snakes.
Thanks! I want to put plants and ispopod and springtails in my enclosure. So going with her final enclosure so I don't have to keep on switching enclosure and creating new bioactive each time she outgrows her old one. And switching enclosure would be a hassle for me personally. I will probably add more hides to make it more secure. What do you mean by strategic holes?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google