CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Eating problems...

Old 06-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #21
Okke
We call them here in Europe normally Missing Blacks but I guess you call them Amels... I guess some people don't understand things and read things very well... They only try to find another problem to bash people or something else like that to start a thread with ;-)

Old 06-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #22
larryg
The Amels I've seen are Albinos, lacking all pigment except for tones of red and white. This means no yellow, no brown, etc. Any albino animals tend to have more problems than their non-albino counterparts, and I've read people complain about unhealthy albino pythons and boas that stop eating and die after a few years. If nothing else, they are very inbred. You can always say you have Albino Corns, to avoid any possible confusion.

Old 06-05-2005, 05:02 PM   #23
PtDnsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryg
The Amels I've seen are Albinos, lacking all pigment except for tones of red and white. This means no yellow, no brown, etc. Any albino animals tend to have more problems than their non-albino counterparts, and I've read people complain about unhealthy albino pythons and boas that stop eating and die after a few years. If nothing else, they are very inbred. You can always say you have Albino Corns, to avoid any possible confusion.
Actually because of the coloring of cornsnakes, there are two types of albinos (the yellow gene has not been isolated alone to my knowledge - unless you include butter but that's a Serp question). Amelanistic (amel), or lacking black, is a type of albino as is anerythristic (anery), or lacking red. Using the term "albino" can be ambiguous. Just thought I'd throw that in there. If anyone who knows more can comment on the yellow coloration I'd appreciate it.

~Katie

Old 06-05-2005, 06:15 PM   #24
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okke
We call them here in Europe normally Missing Blacks but I guess you call them Amels... I guess some people don't understand things and read things very well... They only try to find another problem to bash people or something else like that to start a thread with ;-)

I understand things quite fine, as long as they're explained well. Over here, we call snakes that have no black on them amelanistics, not 'missing black'. There is no cornsnake morph entitled 'missing black'.

The only correct name for a cornsnake that has red eyes and is made up of the colors red, orange, yellow and white, without any black would be amelanistic.

I'm sorry that I'm not up to speed on the European slang for cornsnake morphs.

Asking what 'missing blacks' meant was not a bash, it was a legitimate question.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:10 PM   #25
TBurkeIII
as joe said...you definately NEED to reduce the size you are feeding. i would also add that you NEED to wait a while from when they first re-gurg to when you feed them again. if they throw up, wait at least ten days in my opinion before you try feeding again. this will give their digestive system some time to relax. take it real slow in getting them back up to size of normal feeders.

and definately seperate them!!!!!

Old 06-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #26
exoticpetz
Joe

There's so much wrong I'm not even sure where to start.

What are you trying to do Joe? Make all people go away??? Continue like this, you are on the good track
Well spoken, I`ve tried to mention this previously but I lost my cool doing so

What are you talking about? Nothing I said was out of line.
I felt that first cut and paste was a bit demeaning.

This is not always about what you say but how you say it. You make people become aggressive.
Well spoken, I`ve been one of those people

Joe, I think you`re a bright guy and benefit to the community here. But some of the things that you say are delivered in a demeaning manner. I don`t know if you realize it as you type it, but it appears as a pattern behavior IMHO. I really hope that you realize that " Grand Bubble Burster" isn`t necessarily a term of endearment. In spite of the fact that you`ve helped a countless amount, it appears that you`re bent losing what respect some of that help warrants by treating people as tho they`re inferior in some way.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #27
exoticpetz
We call them here in Europe normally Missing Blacks but I guess you call them Amels... I guess some people don't understand things and read things very well... They only try to find another problem to bash people or something else like that to start a thread with

You referance to Amels as Missing Blacks is the first time I`ve seen it by any of the Europeans that participate on this forum.

Don`t worry about Joe`s ability to read, his raw intelligence is plentifull. I seriously doubt that anyone read anything that you posted without considerable effort. It doesn`t appear as though English is your first language.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #28
Mary-Beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
There's so much wrong I'm not even sure where to start.

For one, you need to seperate your snakes immediately.

Secondly, you're contradicting yourself. In your first post you said they're regurging their food, but shedding fine and look healthy. Then two sentences later you're saying that they're having problems with their sheds. Which is it?

If you bought these snakes still in brumation and then offered them a full sized meal without warming them back up, that might be the start of the problem.

Regardless, you simply cannot keep feeding them food and having them puke it back up. If you keep that up, you are going to wind up with dead snakes.

You MUST seperate the snakes, and then try feeding them something much smaller, like a fuzzy. Make sure the temps are in the low 80's and if they hold the fuzzy down, feed another one. If it holds that down, gradually start moving up to small mice. After two fuzzies, feed two hoppers, then a small mouse or something.

I cannot stress enough that if you don't do something about the regurging your snakes are going to die.
Can someone please show me where he "bashed" here?
I don't see it

While I agree that there have been MANY times when joe has come off WAY to strong, I don't agree that this is one of them. In fact, he didn't get aggressive until he was attacked in the post after the one I quoted.
I feel like some people have made up their minds that he is a jack*ss in every post he makes, and they interpret his tone in a way that he didn't mean it to be. Tone is extremely hard to get across when you're typing.

Okke, everyone has given you good advise. I hope you follow some of it instead of just going on the way you have been because you're "not a beginner". I've seen some of the most experienced breeders here asking for advise, it just shows that everyone needs help from time to time.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:00 AM   #29
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticpetz
Joe, I think you`re a bright guy and benefit to the community here. But some of the things that you say are delivered in a demeaning manner. I don`t know if you realize it as you type it, but it appears as a pattern behavior IMHO. I really hope that you realize that " Grand Bubble Burster" isn`t necessarily a term of endearment. In spite of the fact that you`ve helped a countless amount, it appears that you`re bent losing what respect some of that help warrants by treating people as tho they`re inferior in some way.
I don't think that I was demeaning in my first post to Okee, nor do I think I imlpied that he was inferior or anything of the sort.

'Grand Bubble Burster' is a joke---and if you take it literally well then, I don't know what to say.

Too many people take what is said online way way too seriously.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:03 AM   #30
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth is KoRny
Can someone please show me where he "bashed" here?
I don't see it

While I agree that there have been MANY times when joe has come off WAY to strong, I don't agree that this is one of them. In fact, he didn't get aggressive until he was attacked in the post after the one I quoted.
I feel like some people have made up their minds that he is a jack*ss in every post he makes, and they interpret his tone in a way that he didn't mean it to be. Tone is extremely hard to get across when you're typing.

Okke, everyone has given you good advise. I hope you follow some of it instead of just going on the way you have been because you're "not a beginner". I've seen some of the most experienced breeders here asking for advise, it just shows that everyone needs help from time to time.

Thanks, I appreciate the 'support'. I understand that many times I come off as being too harsh, or rude, or without tact, but that was not the intent here at all.

Too many people read something, interpret it their own way, and then jump. You cannot 'read' tone or intent, so judging one's tone/intent online is a tricky game.

Can't please em all. I'm not going to get worked up about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google