CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Background/Wallpaper

Old 07-11-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
Akai
Background/Wallpaper

Hi, does anyone know where I could buy a backdrop for my cornsnakes cage? He is currently in a 20gl Long and I am wondering where I can find these for sale since I usually see them on youtube and have never came across one. If you know how to make one, even better. Thank you all so much and I hope to hear back soon!

Old 07-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #2
67temp
Are you looking for picturesque background or 3d foam background?

The picturesque can typically be found in most pet stores even the big chain ones.

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...ank-background

For the foam ones most people remove the foam because the snakes can get back behind them.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #3
Scrappyeddie77
Wrapping paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #4
xStaticSnow
I've bought a nice aquarium/vivarium background on etsy from a shop that custom prints any royalty-free image at any size you request. I didn't like the look of the pet store backgrounds that mostly showed aquatic scenes and/or jungle and tropical images. I wanted an image from North America of an arid coniferous forest. It came out great.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2705038...f=yr_purchases

I wouldn't use one of those 3D foam backgrounds. As already mentioned, your snake will find a way to squeeze behind the background and it would be a huge pain to remove them if you need to feed or clean the enclosure.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
Seriva Senkalora
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStaticSnow View Post
I wouldn't use one of those 3D foam backgrounds. As already mentioned, your snake will find a way to squeeze behind the background and it would be a huge pain to remove them if you need to feed or clean the enclosure.
You simply have to install it right.

I use 3D backgrounds (foam or wood) and had never a snake getting behind it... They are glued to the vivariun with silicon. Even the crickets for my grasssnakes didn't manage to get behind them.

These walls give the snakes some more options to climb on and mine love it.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
Seriva Senkalora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriva Senkalora View Post
Even the crickets for my grasssnakes didn't manage to get behind them.
Sorry, translation is wrong!

Of course I don't feed crickets to grass snakes but to my rough green snakes (Opheodrys aestivus).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google