CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

DIY bowfront tank lid

Old 11-18-2020, 09:34 PM   #1
Coxmixt
DIY bowfront tank lid

Does anyone know how a gal not gifted in DIY can make a screen lid for a bow front tank or better yet know a place that sells them? Thanks.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:15 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Sorry I can't be of much help, but did you see this YouTube video? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l87Smn6CRI8

Old 12-03-2020, 01:01 AM   #3
Coxmixt
I did see it. It’s over my head, but thanks.

Old 12-03-2020, 08:56 PM   #4
chairman
What kind of tools do you have available?

I'm not aware of any companies that well mesh lids for bowfronts. Most lids I have seen are solid glass or acrylic.

If you have a jigsaw available then you could use a combination of plywood (project panel) and mesh to make a lid. If you have a dremel then you could use an egg crate style 4x2 fluorescent light cover and cut it to shape. Barring that, hardware cloth could be cut to the appropriate shape with wire cutters.

Plastic screen clips can generally be screwed in to aquarium frames to attach various DIY tank tops.

Old 12-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #5
chairman
What kind of tools do you have available?

I'm not aware of any companies that well mesh lids for bowfronts. Most lids I have seen are solid glass or acrylic.

If you have a jigsaw available then you could use a combination of plywood (project panel) and mesh to make a lid. If you have a dremel then you could use an egg crate style 4x2 fluorescent light cover and cut it to shape. Barring that, hardware cloth could be cut to the appropriate shape with wire cutters.

Plastic screen clips can generally be screwed in to aquarium frames to attach various DIY tank tops.

Old 12-04-2020, 05:59 PM   #6
Coxmixt
Some company used to make them because a site on eBay that had a picture, but they were too small for my tank. Being basically too less I cut some hardware cloth and folded it over the rim but I have to duct tape it down around the edges. Not exactly the look I was going for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google