CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

custom hides, need glue suggestions

Old 03-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
jautumn75
custom hides, need glue suggestions

I'm making some custom hides for my snakes and just wondered which would be the best type of glue to use... super glue or hot glue? If I use hot glue, would it stay intact above the warm hide or would there be a risk for it to soften too much?

If 100% silicone or something else would be safer I can get that. I just don't know which to go with.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
Twolunger
A lot depends upon what you are gluing. Plastics often need special glue. I normally use 5 minute epoxy on most items, but have used Gorilla glue on some items. I have also used marine quality silicone with success.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #3
jautumn75
corrugated plastic and twigs

Old 03-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
Twolunger
Not sure if the 5 minute epoxy will stick to the plastic, but the marine grade silicone will. Good luck and post a picture if possible so we can see your handiwork.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google