CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Help with raising tank off table (risers?)

Old 09-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
Maevenish
Help with raising tank off table (risers?)

Hi All,

I have a wooden sideboard table that I keep my corn on in her 40 gallon tank. The underside heater is starting to make the wood warp. I want to raise up the tank by about an inch or so to stop that. Googling has not been helpful. Do any of you do something to protect what the tank is on? Risers? A mat? Any advice is welcome.

This is my Peach. She is the sweetest bestest snake.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
scobro
I took a shelf off of one of my bookcases and cut it in half long ways. Each half I slid under an edge of the tank. It worked perfectly.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
that heat pad must really be crankin' to warp wood. Perhaps the wood is very thin and cheap or maybe you need to turn down the heat? I've never had that problem, as my heat pad is set to 91 degrees and that's nowhere near enough heat to warp the wood on my table.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EDX59Zlto4

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google