CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Tinsel - Ice Tessera

Old 12-11-2020, 10:01 PM   #1
hypnoctopus
Tinsel - Ice Tessera

I got this beauty from Snake Creations yesterday. I have admired the ice morph for quite a few years and I love how it looks combined with tessera. He is het diffused, and he has a normal amount of lateral pattern, but his head stamp looks very masque to me and he is also without belly checkers. But I know tessera can affect belly checkers too, so

Anyway, he's a little darling so far - looking forward to watching him grow! I'm really impatient to take some better photos of him with a proper camera, but I suppose I'll force myself to wait until after his first feed with me.

Old 12-11-2020, 11:39 PM   #2
SnakeCreations
What an adorable name, so sweet! I'm looking forward to watching him grow. He, and his siblings, are all much lighter than either the sire or dam were when they were hatchlings.

-Tonya

Old 12-12-2020, 12:15 AM   #3
hypnoctopus
Thanks! I figured he's an ice and he's like my Christmas gift to myself, so he needed a cute holiday themed name.

Interesting. Even in the same clutch, it looks like you got some variety of lighter ones and darker ones. I was particularly drawn to him because of his lighter coloration, but in adult ices, I really like the high contrast ones.

Old 12-12-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Okay, I couldn't resist. He was hanging out at the front of his tub practically begging to be taken out, so I took a couple of photos and then put him back. And now I will actually leave him alone!

Old 12-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #5
MysticExotics
Beautiful! Congrats on the new baby!

Old 01-05-2021, 06:56 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
I need to take some more proper photos of this guy. He is, hands-down, the friendliest, most outgoing baby corn I have ever dealt with. He usually is cruising the front of his tub and if I open it, he climbs right out onto me. So he got the honor of testing out these little acrylic enclosures that my husband and I made. He wasn't able to find any escape routes, so I think they're good to go.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:49 PM   #7
SnakeCreations
Awww... he looks great! These babies are all super social. I'm so glad you have him.

Enjoy!

-Tonya

Old 01-05-2021, 09:42 PM   #8
hypnoctopus
Thanks! I'm glad I have him too. Don't tell my other babies, but he's my favorite. I don't know if he has a super fast metabolism or what, but he will be out zipping around 1 to 2 days after eating every single time. He's the same weight and eating the same size prey as the others. Usually the others are starting to look for more food on like day 4.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I need to take some more proper photos of this guy. He is, hands-down, the friendliest, most outgoing baby corn I have ever dealt with. He usually is cruising the front of his tub and if I open it, he climbs right out onto me. So he got the honor of testing out these little acrylic enclosures that my husband and I made. He wasn't able to find any escape routes, so I think they're good to go.

Tell us more about these acrylic enclosures.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #10
hypnoctopus
Oh, absolutely! I bought a big sheet of quarter inch acrylic from a plastics company years ago and it's been sitting in my garage just begging to be used. We made two of them. They're fairly small - will probably only be good for about a year of growth. The measurements are 15x9x12 inches. We had to buy a very expensive saw blade with lots of teeth in order to do clean cuts. Acrylic doesn't really get 'glued' together so much as 'welded', so the pieces don't have much tolerance for error. That being said, our cuts were not perfect, so if you look closely, you can see where they don't line up exactly. I bought little hinge latches because I wanted 2 door front opening. However! That did not work as planned. The hinges allowed the little doors to be pushed inward or outward enough that a baby corn could squeeze through. And because they're welded on, you can't just take them off and try something else. So we ended up putting a little lip along the inside lower edge so the doors can't be pushed inward. And then my husband made little bars that hold the doors closed so they can't be pushed outward either. It's not the prettiest design, but since everything's made out of acrylic, you can at least see through it! The top has holes for air flow. And the bottom of the right one has a small hole for the thermostat probe to poke through. And the probe fits tightly under a small piece of acrylic to hold it in place. I need to go to the hardware store to pick up some proper pins, so excuse the q-tips! And I need some greenery in there too.

I'm really not a fan of tubs because I like to be able to see my snakes when I walk in the room, so I liked the idea of compact acrylic enclosures that fit precisely on my bookshelf. Plus when the babies outgrow them, I'll need new babies to put in them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google