CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Dark Charcoals

Old 06-08-2021, 12:12 AM   #11
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
She just gets better and better with each shed, and at only 2 years old she should get quite a bit darker still.
She's gorgeous!

Old 03-01-2022, 10:09 AM   #12
Caryl
Got any updates? Would love to see your dark beauties now.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Old 12-29-2022, 11:45 AM   #13
Basti94
Any Updates?

Old 01-11-2023, 10:51 PM   #14
Shiari
Due to an accident, I sadly lost my Graphite girl which was a major blow, but the odds gods were kind enough to give me a female just as dark this year, as well a phenomenal pair of pewters. I'll also get some updated pictures of Larune and add in and she's going to get fairly near her mom's color and is a half-sibling to this crop.

Onyx: 0.1 charcoal masque het diffused 50% hypo, lavender, amel

Jet: 1.0 Pewter 50% hypo, lavender, amel - his level of diffusion was a very big surprise as neither the pewter grandmother nor the pewter father have particularly good diffusion

Marquina: 0.1 Pewter 50% hypo, lavender, amel - some interesting colors going on with this girl. She should end up very much like her mother.

Old 06-18-2023, 07:27 PM   #15
Shiari
Some updates-

Larune, 3 years old now and probably at full color. Her sire was the palest silver charcoal motley so I'm pleased with her color considering what I was working with.

Onyx, 0.1 charcoal masque and far exceeding my wildest hopes

Coal 1.0 charcoal masque. I wasn't planning on keeping back 2 males, but with how he's turning out he needs to stay

Marquina 0.1 pewter. The diffused gene seems to be really lightening the babies in comparison.

Jet 1.0 pewter and the lightest colored of my holdbacks. But that diffusion is

Old 06-30-2023, 10:58 AM   #16
Caryl
They're all beautiful. Onyx is incredibly dark! Thank you for posting these updates. Looking forward to seeing the continuation of this project.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 06-30-2023, 11:14 AM   #17
hypnoctopus
The diffusion on that last one is so nice!

Old 08-26-2023, 02:20 PM   #18
Shiari
An update now that everyone is a year old!

Onyx

Jet

Marquina

Coal

Plus the 2 as-of-yet unnamed lighter females that I decided to keep

The 'lightening phase' is well underway with some of these. Jet however has stayed exactly the same color the entire time. In another year, if they follow the pattern of their older siblings, they should start darkening considerably.

Old 08-26-2023, 02:47 PM   #19
hypnoctopus
Ooh, Jet is my favorite! They're looking great!

My ice tessera went through a similar lightening and then darkening phase. It's not something I have experienced before, but I absolutely adore his darkness now, so I'm glad he changed.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:30 AM   #20
Caryl
They're very lovely. Jet has wonderful diffusion. I really like unnamed female in the top pic, also. Do those two have names yet?

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google