CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Eggbound girl. Informative Egg Aspiration Video Included!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #51
4riscorn
My girl Blossom has 2 eggs stuck in her as well. But they are like 7 saddles up from her vent. I tried massaging them but so far nothing. She laid 22 eggs yesterday! I am getting ready to go check on her again now and try the tub first before resorting to aspiration. Thanks for the video! I am hoping not to use it but if I have to, at least I know how!
Here is some of the eggs..

Old 05-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #52
4riscorn

This is where the 2 eggs are

Old 05-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #53
4riscorn
I just did the bath and then was able to massage the eggs down to her vent. Then I used the probe to try to help them out. She did deficate pretty well though but no eggs came out. I am leaving her alone a little longer to see if she does pass them. I hope so!

Old 05-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #54
SnakeAround
How do people massage them down... I have tried it a bit sometimes but they won't move at all if I use maximum force I dare to use. I would also be very affraid of rupturing tissue surrounding the egg... not an option for me...

Old 05-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #55
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4riscorn View Post
I just did the bath and then was able to massage the eggs down to her vent. Then I used the probe to try to help them out. She did deficate pretty well though but no eggs came out. I am leaving her alone a little longer to see if she does pass them. I hope so!
Have you Spoke with Kathy?? I had 2 eggs stuck on my girl..right at the vent area....She talked me through the whole process....Sounds as if your familar with the procedure though. The first one came out relativly quickly...I waited 24 hrs and did the 2nd one....it took ALOT longer to get that out...but finally i was able to get it to "crown" And i punctured the egg..and let it drain...then the near empty egg just popped out.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #56
4riscorn
Well...this morning I checked and Blossom did not have the 2 eggs overnight. But they were still down where I had massaged them to yesterday near the vent. She looked a little swollen. So I pushed again using the probe and out it popped! Then the second one popped out quickly with no need to use the probe. They were not punctured or leaking so I put them in the incubator. They are a little soft but we'll see. And I miscounted yesterday. She now has a total of 25 eggs in there! I will likely have to change the container though because this one is quite full. I know you aren't supposed to move them but I don't know if the container will be big enough once the eggs start growing.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #57
SnakeAround
You can move them, just don't turn them so they are placed in the same position in the new container.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #58
4riscorn
I have numbered each egg so I know where the top is and know which one goes bad..a few are in clumps and the rest are separate. I have the questionable ones to the outside edges away from the others as much as I could get them

Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #59
Asbit
Good to hear that all the eggs are out now!! Now for a speed recoup for momma!

Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #60
rich333
good deal....but the 2 that poped out last...probably arent any good...but try anyway!! never hurts

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
aspiration, eggbound