CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bloated stomach

Old 05-15-2022, 10:33 PM   #31
Caryl
I'm not familiar with Reptile. I do know that probiotics are tremendously helpful for every species. I definitely encourage their use. My daughter who's a veterinarian does as well.

I think the fact that her waste does not smell awful is an encouraging sign. It has usually seemed to be the case when I've had an animal with digestive troubles that their waste smelled terrible. (At least, more terrible than usual, lol. ) It also sounds positive that the bloating may be lessening.

I also appreciate the special place your first snake holds in your heart. People who don't "get" snakes may think we're crazy, but they're just missing out.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 05-15-2022, 10:56 PM   #32
Quinn_1234
Yes. Many people around me think I'm crazy.

Old 05-16-2022, 11:33 AM   #33
Caryl
I can relate to that!

Old 05-17-2022, 06:14 AM   #34
Quinn_1234
I received the ReptiBac. Looks like it is similar to NutriBac. Should I give it to her with water or pinky? I'm going to feed her tomorrow. I think it's better to give her pinky first.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:43 AM   #35
Caryl
If you're feeding her, I'd definitely dust the mouse. I usually pour out a little powder and dip the rear end of the damp mouse in. (For those who prefer starting with the rear end, as a couple of mine always do, I dip the shoulder area.) I've never had a snake reject a meal bc of this.

There's nothing wrong with putting the probiotic in the water if the label gives directions for that. You'd need to watch and be sure she's still willing to drink it. It isn't really possible to overdose on NutriBac. I assume Reptile is the same in this regard but you should ask her vet about that to be sure.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:52 AM   #36
Quinn_1234
Thank you for the answer. Tomorrow then I'll feed her with these probiotics. She also sometimes likes to start with the rear end.

Old 05-18-2022, 05:30 AM   #37
Quinn_1234
I fed her today. It was so stressful. And it will be more stressful to wait for her feces.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:12 PM   #38
Quinn_1234
So she pooped last night. I don't think that was from pinky I fed her yesterday. It was again really really soft, not sure if it was watery. It was darker than previous one. But the most important thing is that the bloating lessened a lot. I'll wait for her next poop. Probably it will happen tomorrow. And tomorrow we'll see the vet.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:04 PM   #39
Caryl
Glad her bloating is decreasing. That's got to be positive! Good luck to you at the vet.

Old 05-20-2022, 09:33 AM   #40
Quinn_1234
So....we just left the vet. He says there are no parasites anymore, but she has little useful bacterias. I asked him about probiotics, he said it would be good to give some. My other 2 snakes don't have parasites, too. I'm so happy. Thank you very much for your support. We made it because of you. I will update again after using probiotics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google