CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Bear in the driveway

Old 04-05-2020, 01:19 AM   #1
Rich Z
Bear in the driveway

Had another bear passing through the property yesterday morning. This one looks rather large. Surprisingly, haven't seen any damages, as normally the bird feeders get wrecked when a bear comes by.

Didn't seem to be in any hurry to head on out the driveway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuSE9zKykLs

Old 04-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #2
Rich Z
Interestingly (to me anyway), what prompted me to even check the cameras was that when Connie and I were walking up the driveway, we spotted some gouge marks in the dirt made by something apparently taking off in a hurry. Something pretty big.

Interestingly enough, I had set up some "bunny blasters" to protect my newly sprouted watermelon plants from the predations of rabbits and deer (actually foxes too, because last year I had them digging into the mounds for some reason), and right where those gouge marks are located is exactly where something walking in that direction would have triggered one of those blasters. Unfortunately the video timed out before it could catch the bear being startled by the water blast and taking off. Darn it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google