CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Feeding and digestive Issue

Old 03-16-2021, 08:14 PM   #1
fnichols55
Feeding and digestive Issue

I have a 6 year old Albino corn, who went off feed for 73 days, breeding season but did not brumate or breed. The snake ate 1 weanling on 3-14-21 and regurge it on 3-16-21. The temps are 73/75F cool side, 82/85 hot/ 88*F basking area.

The snake has gone off food in the past for about the same amount of days, but has never regurgitated. I usually start with one weanling at first feed and then increase the next feed.

The weanling had been in the digestive tract for a day+ 1/2 but was not beginning to digest. Had turned brown, initially white, completely intact with fur.

After going off feed for a while, does the digestive enzymes require time to re-establish?

I contacted his vet, he wants me to increase temps to 95*F hot side, give him warm baths every two days, attempt to feed after one week.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any other advice?
Thank you , Geno N. fnichols55z@gmail.com

Old 03-16-2021, 08:51 PM   #2
Shiari
Generally we recommend waiting a full 14 days, and dropping prey size significantly. In this case, go down to a fuzzy. If he keeps the fuzzy down, feed another a week later. If he keeps that one down too, the week after that you can try a hopper for 2 weeks of feeds, and then back to a weanling.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:53 AM   #3
Weiveismart
It is recommended to wait 14 days and reduce the size of the food.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google