CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

double pink pippies, neon pink x coral snow

Old 07-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
poppycorn
double pink pippies, neon pink x coral snow

Last year I made this same cross with a different male and female and produced snows with bright pink and intense coral as Sonnet and Roses. This year I made the same cross with a brighter female neon (from Stephan W) and an obscenely pink coral male from SMR. Babies are out and it looks like there's going to be some screamers!

Sonnet (the best male from last year) and Blossom's (the original female) babies are pipping now, the first one out is super pink. Unfortunately there are just a few good eggs in that clutch and Blossom didn't double.

Name:  July08_0076 Neon Coral clutch.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  198.7 KB

Name:  July08_0080 PeonyXPeaches pippies.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  185.6 KB

Old 07-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
Silvergrin
Oooo, nice, got pics of the parents? *yet another morp I'd like a snake or two of! Super pink snows!*

Old 07-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #3
poppycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergrin View Post
Oooo, nice, got pics of the parents?
Here is Peaches, the male Coral Snow from SMR:
Name:  Jun08_0474 Coral Snow Cornsnake Peaches.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  193.3 KB

I don't have a really recent shot of Peony, she's been too busy with eggs this season to do a decent photo shoot. Here she is as a yearling, she looks pretty much the same, except perhaps that green borders are more pronounced:
Name:  Feb07g-198 Neon pink cornsnake Peony.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  198.3 KB

Last year I made a similar cross which produced Sonnet, the father of another clutch that is currently pipping:
Name:  Jun08_1322 Neon Coral Cornsnake Sonnet.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  193.2 KB

There were only three males produced last year. Here is the mother, Blossom, a coral snow from SMR with her three sons:
Name:  Mar08_1526 Blossom & sons.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  184.3 KB

Scale shots of the three sons and mother; Sonnet is third from the top, Blossom on the bottom:
Name:  Mar08_1553 Neon x Coral male scales.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  190.3 KB

From what I am seeing coming out of these eggs, I suspect that this years crop of neon corals will be even brighter than last year.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #4
Susan
I have GOT to get me one of those one of these days!! BLINDINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
Lynnea
They are simply gorgeous--the best!! Are you planning on selling any?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
kimbyra
Congrats! They are so pretty.
Great pics. I especially like the first one where you can see a pippy peaking out.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
stephen
Great Job!

Looks like those will be screamers! Sorry I havent gotten back to you I know you have been trying to get ahold of me. I been crazy busy!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #8
ForkedTung
My My, What stunning snakes...You are really doing an awesome job of selective breeding those morphs....Are you selling any? I could use a boy!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #9
Voodoo
I love them all. They're so eye-catching!

It would be cool to try and isolate the green coloration and make them more green / less pink.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #10
stephen
Greens

Some of the neons from my line have dark forest green thick borders,green that is so intense its unbelievable.Most of the pink and greens have yellow that they call green but these actually have pine tree green! I know one of the forum members here who got some of mine called me and mentioned how dark green the borders are turning maybe she can post it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google