CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Light Colored Anery Lavender Motley

Old 09-19-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
Jangles
Light Colored Anery Lavender Motley

I picked a "moonstone" anery lavender motley over the weekend and am wondering how variability there is in this combo. Is the salmon coloration that is presently displayed related to the same reason that my blizzard looked pink as a baby? Should i expect a more silvery purple/blue in about a year?

Thanks

Old 10-08-2022, 09:22 AM   #2
Caryl
Hi Jangles, just wondering how your baby looks now. Lavenders can have some very pink or peach tones as babies. Homozygous Anery generally changes that, though, and Moonstones usually have more grey and blue tints. Is it possible your baby is het Anery?

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 10-16-2022, 12:09 PM   #3
Jangles
Hi Caryl,

I think the lighting in my room was contributing to that coloration as he normally doesn't look that bright. I'll post a new pic without flash after he sheds.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:42 AM   #4
Jangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Hi Jangles, just wondering how your baby looks now. Lavenders can have some very pink or peach tones as babies. Homozygous Anery generally changes that, though, and Moonstones usually have more grey and blue tints. Is it possible your baby is het Anery?

Hi Caryl,

Diddy Kong shed today and I've posted some new pics and that's are pretty representative of how he's looked in normal lighting. I've posted a pic of the container lid that he was sold to me in at a local reptile show.

Old 10-17-2022, 11:11 AM   #5
hypnoctopus
Is the seller someone reputable? I don't have a lot of experience with moonstone, but yours looks pinker than what I've seen. (Here are some to compare on iansvivarium.com: https://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=a...avender_motley )

But if you trust the seller, then I'd believe what's written.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:17 AM   #6
Caryl
You've got a handsome snake, no doubt. I definitely agree with Olivia that he looks more pink-toned and less gray than more typical Moonstones. Individual variation in any morph can be surprisingly wide, but this guy's colors are awfully warm. I wonder if there's something else going on.

Are you able to all the breeder about pics of the parents?

Old 11-11-2022, 08:56 PM   #7
Jangles
Diddy has started darkening up and the pink is looking more purple now. 2 pics, one with flash and one without.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:22 PM   #8
hypnoctopus
He's really cool!

Old 11-11-2022, 10:24 PM   #9
Jangles
Thanks. I love him.

Old 11-15-2022, 06:28 PM   #10
Caryl
Such a handsome guy! Love seeing his update, thanks for sharing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google