CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Tenn clarification for corns

Old 04-25-2023, 02:24 AM   #1
LunarValkyrie
Tenn clarification for corns

Can anyone tell me for sure if Corn Snakes are legal to own? Breed? Sell? in Tennessee? I keep finding conflicting answers to this. We have stores that sell them, and all the expo's usually have them. I have looked on TWRA and it just says native non-venomous is illegal. I was told today by a store that morphs are ok or morphs that are not native are ok. So what is the real deal? I really want some, but want to be sure before I do anything.

Thx for any wisdom shared.

Old 04-25-2023, 01:29 PM   #2
67temp
As far as I know I can sell to Tenn and is not one of my prohibited states. It may be similar to Maryland where a permit is needed to have native species. Other states require it to be a morph and suggest you keep proof of them being captive bred.

Old 04-26-2023, 11:17 AM   #3
crackerhead
Corn snakes are considered an indigenous species and therefore protected. You need a permit to own in TN. The permit must be in place BEFORE you purchase/receive the animal and you must have paperwork proving provenance of the animal.
Here's some light reading, lol, that might help:
http://www.tn.gov/twra/law-enforceme...e-permits.html

Terri

Old 04-28-2023, 02:54 PM   #4
Asmodeus*
Just because you've got permits doesn't guarantee that the government will let you be. Read about the Holy Thursday Massacre that occurred just a few weeks back, or watch videos on it if you can stomach it. Screw the government. They let the chynaVirus, illegal aliens, and fentanyl ravage us but they won't let you keep a corn snake? Keep your corn sales in your house. Nobody is allowed in your house without your consent.

Old 04-28-2023, 02:56 PM   #5
Asmodeus*
Just because you've got permits doesn't guarantee that the government will let you be. Read about the Holy Thursday Massacre that occurred just a few weeks back, or watch videos on it if you can stomach it. Screw the government. They let the chynaVirus, illegal aliens, and fentanyl ravage us but they won't let you keep a corn snake? Keep your corn snakes in your house. Nobody is allowed in your house without your consent

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
cornsnake law, tennessee