CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Feeding Issue

Old 04-11-2023, 02:01 PM   #11
AneryCornMom
Thank You

Thank you all for your responses to my feeding inquiry. While I haven't been able to snap a photo of the tail to determine gender, I'm fairly sure she is a female, as her tail is uniformly long and thin.

I have good news to report that she ate last Friday. We had a hard time sourcing a live hopper, so we got a frozen one and used a different thawing method. Rather than letting the mouse warm up to room temp, we put it into a bag and submerged it first in luke warm water and then repeated the process with warmer water to bring the temp up. The snake ate it almost immediately. So while we changed two variables, both size of mouse and temp, I'm not sure which factor contributed to the success. Either way, we're glad she's eating again!

Old 05-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #12
Caryl
How is your snake doing now? Hopefully it's continuing to improve.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 05-10-2023, 09:42 AM   #13
AneryCornMom
Doing Ok

Hi Caryl,

She is doing better. She took previously frozen hoppers for about 4 weeks; however, I think it's time to put her back on full sized mice. I was trying to use what I had left and yesterday when I fed her, she refused it.

I may bathe her today and see if she poops, which could be what's preventing her from eating this time.

Thanks for checking in.

Old 05-13-2023, 12:31 AM   #14
Caryl
I'm glad your snake is continuing to improve. I would not worry too much about a single refusal. I know, it's easy to worry after having feeding challenges! Maybe this recent refusal was just something like being in the early stage of a shed cycle. Some of them just refuse now and then for no reason that's obvious to we mere humans. I hope things keep going well.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google