CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bloated stomach

Old 05-12-2022, 05:07 AM   #11
Quinn_1234
Thank you for the support. Unfortunately they can't say if it's crypto or not. Yes, I have more snakes and I try my best to not contact them after her. Unfortunately, I don't know when it started, so I'm not sure if they got it or not. I'll be waiting for their poops to check them too. I can ask the vet for the photo of what they found and post it in my album if it helps somehow.

Old 05-12-2022, 06:06 AM   #12
Caryl
Oh dear. Do you know what medication she is being given?

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 05-12-2022, 06:48 AM   #13
Quinn_1234
Sulfa trimetroprim

Old 05-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #14
Caryl
That's a very good drug for a lot of protozoa.
It's usually very well tolerated unless the snake is debilitated, and it sounds like your girl has only recently become symptomatic. It's usually given until there's a negative fecal.
Hopefully your snake will make a full recovery soon! Fingers crossed!

Old 05-12-2022, 10:32 AM   #15
Quinn_1234
That's good to hear. Thank you for your responses and support. She started developing a bloating about 6 weeks ago and only recently had diarrhea. She also shedded yesterday. She looks good. I hope she will get better soon. Thank you a lot.

Old 05-12-2022, 06:22 PM   #16
Caryl
Happy to give emotional support. We care. Please do keep us updated on your girl. Hope she makes a full, quick recovery!

Old 05-13-2022, 10:31 AM   #17
Quinn_1234
Update. She pooped recently. She did it while soaking. It wasn't really watery as it was last time. It was very soft but like a sausage. I decided to check it out and found mouse bones. Not all of them, probably the biggest ones .

Old 05-13-2022, 10:59 AM   #18
Quinn_1234
But last time she had a pinkie. And I wonder, may she
keep those poops for weeks?

Old 05-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #19
Caryl
Normally they don't retain food for weeks, no. As long as they have access to proper temperatures for digestion, the majority of the ways clears their digestive tract in a matter of days. That said, I am not sure how her parasitic issues might affect her digestion. The meds also change the gut flora.

Pinky mice do have bones, even though they aren't as fully calcified as older mice. I wouldn't worry too much about unusual waste at this point unless it's diarrhea. If you're concerned, a call to her vet will probably help.

Old 05-13-2022, 01:06 PM   #20
Quinn_1234
Yes. I understand about food. But could she hold feces? The thing is I fed her last time 23 of April. Then, I fed her with pinkie on Monday, 9. She pooped on Wednesday when she had diarrhea. And she pooped again tonight. She still has the bloating, which worries me the most. Doctor said that bloating might be because of her very slow metabolism. I also read that it can be a result of protozoa.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google