CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2022 BrightHope pairings

Old 05-15-2022, 09:59 AM   #51
Caryl
This clutch should prove a lot of possible hets, and I have F2 plans for some... if the eggs make it to hatching.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 05-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #52
Caryl
Victory's eggs look a bit better after sitting overnight in the nest box. They're still not the most beautiful things. And they're big. Here's a comparative picture of yesterday's eggs. Sunlight's are in the moss. Victory's are in my hand beside Sunlight's eggs. They're so much larger, it looks like I'm holding them closer to the camera but I'm not.

Old 05-28-2022, 01:25 PM   #53
Caryl
Two weeks into incubation, and Victory's strange looking eggs are mostly developing well. Their texture seems okay, if a bit odd in places. All but one (orange arrow) candle with beautiful, healthy veins. I'm not going to attempt to remove that one. It'll either develop or it won't, but I don't want to disrupt it's neighbors.

There are couple of small spots of mold (green arrows). I think they're from having sat in liquid during the laying process from the egg which broke during laying. I did my best to wipe away all the goop, but I didn't want to press too hard.

It's looking as though most are still viable. So far.

Old 05-30-2022, 10:52 PM   #54
Frank Pinello
I think they’ll do fine. I’d throw some moss over the two with mold spots.
Keep us posted.

Old 05-30-2022, 11:17 PM   #55
Caryl
Thanks, Frank. I have a light layer of moss over the whole bunch. The moldy spots don't seem to be spreading so far.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:37 AM   #56
Caryl
I've had an interesting month so far. I'll try and post about the stranger events tomorrow. Tonight I'll just share the good news that babies are pipping! The first to arrive is Tulip's clutch by Baldr. She was one of my original purchases from Kathy Love. He's third generation BrightHope, making these babies fourth generation on their father's side. I see five little noses now. Can't wait until morning!

Old 06-20-2022, 05:57 AM   #57
inu009
Yay pippies!!! How many days has it been?

Old 06-21-2022, 12:53 AM   #58
Caryl
They started pipping on Day 62. It only seemed like forever, lol. I counted 10 eggs yet to pip as of about an hour ago. Several have emerged, then promptly disappeared into the moss.

Old 06-21-2022, 12:56 AM   #59
Caryl
Esperanza's clutch by Artephius is also pipping on Day 62, roughly 12 hours behind Tulip and Baldr's. I wondered if they'd hatch together. Two Caramel noses showing so far.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:05 PM   #60
Frank Pinello
This is definitely the fun part of breeding corns ......pipping and hatching. The first of my nine clutches are due the second week of July and most of the rest the end of July.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google