CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first year breeding

Old 04-11-2022, 08:55 PM   #91
inu009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Thanks! Tulip can usually be relied upon to take care of business without drama. Since I posted that comment, Esperanza had her pre-lay shed last night as well. It's been a few years since I last bred her. She hasn't ever had trouble, no reason to think she will this time either, but I'll be happy when those eggs are safely laid.

This waiting part is HARD!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk
Seeeee I was saying that! Once the eggs are out, looked good, and momma was safe I could relax after weeks of pairing and stressing and then wondering if she was even gravid, etc. etc.

Time is going by kinda fast for me now because I'm actually in the middle of a career change, I'm doing training to be a software developer andddd the eggs are due right when I'll be doing my final project lol.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:34 PM   #92
inu009
Update on mama: This was a day before her third meal. Looking pretty good/recovered. Since she was a little overweight going into breeding season, I gotta make sure I dont actually get her back to the size lol

Name:  IMG_4444.jpeg
Views: 147
Size:  77.5 KB

For the babies, I figured I'd be more excited for potential snows (1/4 chance), but I'm pretty excited to see how the amels turn out. I had originally got Bean has a reverse Okeetee, but got confused when the orange background color never really came in. Doing on research with the breeder and it looks like she comes from a crimson line. So mixed with the dad, I'm not sure if I'm going to get amels that look like her, or amels with more orange.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:43 PM   #93
Caryl
Bean looks like she's doing well. You've done a fine job of caring for her through and after her gestation.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:46 AM   #94
inu009
By Crimson, I meant Miami x.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Bean looks like she's doing well. You've done a fine job of caring for her through and after her gestation.

Thank you! She's a pet first and foremost so it would kill me if anything happened to her.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:53 PM   #95
inu009
3 week egg check, only thing to note is that I thought mold was forming on one of the eggs, the egg I noted with the purple dot, and the spot in question is right by the x, but when I candled the egg, it's see-through, so it's just weirdly un-calcified. At the same time, I'm not seeing very strong veins with that particular egg, so only time will tell.

Name:  IMG_4490 2.jpeg
Views: 142
Size:  107.0 KB

Old 04-22-2022, 12:07 AM   #96
Caryl
Golly, it's already been three weeks? How the heck did that happen? Lol. They look good! I can't really see much detail but I've had and read of an occasional egg which developed a semi-transparent window such as you seem to be describing. Some continue normal development and hatched just fine. Some didn't. As you say, time will tell. Nice looking clutch at this point, though.

Old 04-24-2022, 06:30 PM   #97
inu009
Name:  IMG_4502.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  57.0 KB

Here is a better shot of it, it just caught me off guard because it looks different from the other egg just below it with an uncalcified spot.

I've been checking the eggs twice a week, Thursdays (so every week milestone) and then every Sunday. I'm in and out, the temp only drops about 1.5 degrees and back to normal within 15 minutes. I keep trying to tell myself, they won't look any different from the last time I've checked but I cant help myself lmao. I have to open the container at least once a week for air flow.

Alsoooooo the baby rack I ordered was originally only a 4 week timeframe, but when I ordered (about two weeks ago) they just changed it to "at least" 6 weeks x.x, so lets hope it gets here in time.

I was originally going to make the rack, when I was expecting like 10-15 eggs, but when she laid so many eggs, it was just "easier" to buy one.

Old 04-28-2022, 10:25 PM   #98
inu009
Name:  279143025_5506965129335417_789108162279086847_n.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  29.6 KB

Today during checking, I noticed some werid discoloration with some of the eggs. Is it mold you think?

Old 05-03-2022, 11:42 AM   #99
67temp
Some discoloration on the eggs is normal. Mold will typically have a fuzzy look to it.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:36 PM   #100
inu009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
Some discoloration on the eggs is normal. Mold will typically have a fuzzy look to it.
ty! tomorrow is check day, (and the presumed halfway point at 35 days) so hopefully no mold lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google