CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Feeding check

Old 02-28-2022, 01:13 PM   #1
Charrington10
Feeding check

Hi

My corn snake has been on small fuzzies last few weeks and currently weighs 36g (think he’s about 7/8 months) using the below pic I thought he needed to go on large fuzzies. So went to pet shop twice and bought what I thought was large fuzzies but actually are all pretty much the same weight as the small (4-5g). After reading comments on here someone has said I should be feeding him 10-12-% of his weight which would then mean he’s fine on what he’s on. Do I need to
look for large fuzzies or do I carry on (got tons of small fuzzies now!) and then move onto hoppers?? He eats every 6-7 days and sometimes seems to look for more food. Should I continue as I am? Should I double up on fuzzes after a while? I just want to do what’s best for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-28-2022, 06:40 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
I wouldn't feed doubles. You could switch to a 5 day schedule for a while to help use them up.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:29 AM   #3
Caryl
What do your fuzzies weigh? Different companies can have different sizes which are called the same thing. It's confusing. I can't see your chart but yours should be getting roughly 7-9 g fuzzies.

Don't be concerned about your snake's behavior after feeding. It doesn't mean he's not getting enough. Most of them stay in hunting mode for a variable while right after eating, then settle down for digestion. It makes sense. In nature there are often multiple prey items to be found together. Snakes take what they can when they can, since meal times may not happen regularly.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Old 03-01-2022, 10:03 AM   #4
Caryl
Sorry, I do see your fuzzies' weight. And yes, feeding more often is a great way to use up smaller prey items when doubling is too much.

Old 03-01-2022, 02:02 PM   #5
Charrington10
That’s great, thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-01-2022, 08:00 PM   #6
Caryl
You're welcome. We're happy to help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google