CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Oh, Craigslist...

Old 05-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #41
rrowdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
There is a post on my local Craigslist for a "breeding pair of aggressive corn snakes to an experienced home only!". They are in a 20 gallon tank with a lamp. No crap they are aggressive, the female is probably being harassed to death by the male, and then roasted by the leat lamp. I want SO bad to help them, but I can't go out and save every snake

I get so angry when I hear of posts like this, most are from stupid ignorant people too lazy to study proper husbandry for their animal.
I once "rescued" a beautiful adult Amel Female that was housed in a 20L with filthy stinking water and viv, no heat,she refused feed,
I tried everything then took her to the vet for tests only to find she had Crypto. She died a month later, it just made me sick. This goes on all the time.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #42
Alicia P
This one makes me sad!
Quote:
2 baby snakes( need gone by monday) (south lansing)
My boyfriend has decided to sell his baby snakes. They are 3 weeks old max!! I think he said they are milk snakes(not 100%) I NEED THEM GONE BY TOMORROW!!
Been feeding them worms!

Want to go to good homes!!!

Asking $25 each or $50 for both.

Have pictures but can't add
Text for pics 517 - two one four - 6648
(Any time before 11:30)

Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #43
Firefur
what is cryto? it sounds familiar but I dont actually know what it is? and how do snakes get it?

Old 05-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #44
rrowdy
Cryptosporidium is a protozoan parasite that infects the digestive tract in Humans and animals. Reptile type is fatal to snakes.
It's a terrible disease, It can be in water, WC feeders, feces etc,etc.

https://www.addl.purdue.edu/newslett...r/snakes.shtml

Old 05-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #45
Zombiegirl
Reasons why I don't browse CL much any more...

Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #46
Alicia P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefur View Post
what is cryto? it sounds familiar but I dont actually know what it is? and how do snakes get it?
Cryto was a typo, it should have been crypto.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #47
HVani
5' red tail boa and 3 1/2' ball python in 200 gallon enclosure (rochelle/ dekalb/ rockford)
hi i have a 5' red tail boa and a 3 1/2' ball python the red tail boa is gorgeous and i have had him since he was small these snakes are pretty expensive and not easy to find the ball python on the other hand is pretty common and not to expensive the setup they are in is a 200 gallon tank with a 40 gallon attached to it so they have more room there are some giant beautiful pieces of drift wood in the tank as well along with various other things water dish heat rock ect.... this setup was not cheap and would cost you a decent penny to get it from pet stores but i need to find them a good home before i move so throw me your offers cash trades just hit me up with what ever you got the worst i will say is no

Old 05-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #48
Chromatic Corns
Read ads this week for Madagascar corn snake and one for a a De-fanged ball python

Old 05-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #49
Alicia P
Is this even a type of gecko?
Quote:
Free Gecco to Good Home (Lansing, MI)

Recently was given a Gecko as a gift and cant keep it. He is free to a good home if you would like to have him. If you want it please contact me at 517 897 1344
thank you

Old 05-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #50
Floof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia P View Post
Is this even a type of gecko?
Not at all. Hard to tell what actually is--maybe some kind of plated lizard... Or a broad-headed skink...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google