CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Progression Thread - Levi the Snow

Old 04-26-2016, 03:56 PM   #11
cinnabunbun
Them genetics confuse me, hah. When I first saw Levi, his box was labeled as "Snow Corn Snake". From what I have read, Snow is just an easier way to say, "Amel-Anery".

Anywho, I discovered the links for scaled images, now that I'm home from work. here's the missing pictures since I cannot edit my original post.

The danger noodle himself.

Noobie tub!

Since I am planning to move him to the 20gal tank this weekend and he's due to feed this Friday, should I wait until he's settled in the tank?

Old 04-26-2016, 06:51 PM   #12
axis1
Whoa!

Thank you for your in-depth knowledge on cornsnake morphology! You make a genuinely interesting point about albinos, a term I associate with red eyes, but then again it does appear as you said, ALL of my critters might NOT be what I think they are!

Another interesting point is that Ozzy & the other hatchlings who sadly didn't survive may have been from different fathers, since Bozo also mated with Lilly last spring, and even though they were from the same clutch! Would love to continue this discussion on another thread, as I know I will get valid info from here as opposed to the homegrown herpeculturists and herpetologists whom I got my babies from and whom I also should never have assumed really knew what they were talking about when they informed me what morph my Cornsnakes actually were! (Have to learn from somewhere, so it should be from the brains of experts as many of you seem to be on this site).

Oh yeah, Cinnabunbun: I would wait till your little guy got settled into his new home before feeding him. Why have him adjust to new surroundings with a huge meal digesting in his little belly? He's a cute little critter!

Old 04-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #13
cinnabunbun
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis1 View Post
Oh yeah, Cinnabunbun: I would wait till your little guy got settled into his new home before feeding him. Why have him adjust to new surroundings with a huge meal digesting in his little belly? He's a cute little critter!
Thank you! I got Levi last Saturday, and I contacted the breeder about feeding info, he was last fed on the 17th on pinkies. I asked her if it's okay to feed him (on the 24th, following Sunday) because that seemed like a long time for a hatchling like him.

Okay second feeding is done. I noticed that his body is a bit on the thin side, when I took this picture of him going nom on the pinkie.

Sorry for the potato/blurry quality, I was in a hurry to take a snap of the photo.
But I'm sure that he'll be fine in due time with consistent feeding and round out a bit.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #14
axis1
He does look a little on the thin side, but most hatchlings do, especially only after a couple of meals. The main thing is that he IS eating, take it from me, that's the most important thing right now! So if he ate on the 24th, he should be due about now, especially if you're not going to move him into his new crib till Monday. If you were going to move him tonight, I would say to hold off feeding for a day or two.

I wish you two a long & happy life together!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:12 PM   #15
axis1
BTW, Levi looks EXACTLY like one of my hatchings from last year who didn't make it, unfortunately. His name was Noodles! I may have a picture but I'd have to dig it up, I mean SPITTING IMAGE!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #16
DollysMom
Levi looks very serious about that pinky! That's a good thing

Old 04-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #17
axis1
Sorry! (Correction)

Looks like I misunderstood your last post. Sorry! I thought you meant the picture was of his second feeding which was on the 24th. My bad. I'm not the sharpest knife in the dishwasher at the end of the week!

Old 05-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #18
cinnabunbun
13 grams and no poop?

Handling pics! He's comfortable in my hands (and hair and glasses.) but he's constantly trying to explore. He likes to hang on my head as I walk around a bit. :\ What am I? His steed?

Please excuse the messy bedroom, been organizing alot of stuff to make room for more stuff.

Levi's so.. translucent! I can literally see everything.

-levi intensifies-

Old 05-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #19
jagodzinski
Very cute pics! I know what you mean with the glasses. As a large adult (almost 5 ft) Jag still loves to pull my glasses down by coiling around them

Old 05-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #20
cinnabunbun
Thank you~ I guess he wants to be my eyes. Also should I be concerned that he hasn't pooped for me from the last two feedings? Or is he just retaining his meal really well. His bedding doesn't smell the least bit funky to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, progression, snow corns