CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Not Eating

Old 02-26-2022, 07:16 PM   #21
MysticExotics
Best of luck! It is fun watching them grow!

Old 02-26-2022, 07:16 PM   #22
Cassidy06
Thank you!!

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Old 02-27-2022, 03:39 PM   #23
Caryl
Sounds like you're on the right track. He ate for you once, so he'll easy for you again. Olivia's given excellent advice, your tank looks good. Definitely leave him completely alone (I know, it's so hard!) for 3 days and then give the container feeding at dusk a try. I'll bet he goes for it. If he doesn't, give him another 36-48 hrs is solo time and try again. Good luck!

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Old 03-03-2022, 10:42 PM   #24
Cassidy06
It's officially been 20 days since he last ate. This is our second attempt at feeding him in a separate box. All Win did this time was try to leave his enclosure and completely ignored the mouse. I tried cutting it too. He's now sitting in the box with it. I'm not sure what to do after this so if you have any further advice or encouragement I'd love to hear it

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Old 03-04-2022, 12:27 AM   #25
hypnoctopus
Next thing I would try is boiling. Thaw out your pinkie using hot water and once it's thawed, dunk it in a little boiling water. It will look a bit white and rubbery.

Old 03-04-2022, 01:28 PM   #26
Caryl
You said that Win "tried to leave his enclosure." Where are you attempting to feed him?

Old 03-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #27
Caryl
For clarity, I see that you said it's a separate box. I'm asking if the box is within his enclosure. Also, is it enclosed? What size is it? It should be quite small, like an 8-10 oz deli cup. His viv should be placed out of the way in a quiet room until he's feeding regularly.

Before the next attempt in 2-3 days, you might try putting Win inside the feeding enclosure about an hour before you plan to feed. Just about sunset is often the best time to feed. When the pinky is ready, put it inside the feeding container and close him with it. Cover it so that he's alone with the warm (not hot - should feel about like the temp of the skin of your wrist) meal in the dark. Leave him alone for an hour. Check on him and if he hasn't eaten, reheat and return the pinky. Cover him and leave him overnight.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google