CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Oh, Craigslist...

Old 06-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #1001
hypnoctopus
Had to revive this old thread with my experience from today. Saw a snake on Craigslist I liked. It was a good price, a little on the skinny side. Contacted the seller, made plans to meet up at a specific time. It was a 20 minute drive for me each way. I'm literally one minute away from their house and the person texts me to back out of the deal - they decided to keep the snake after all. Like, okay, that's fine, but couldn't you have told me that before I left my house?! Why are some people so flaky?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:57 PM   #1002
MegF.
At least it wasn't 3 hours or something....20 minutes is nothing.....

Old 06-24-2020, 01:53 AM   #1003
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegF. View Post
At least it wasn't 3 hours or something....20 minutes is nothing.....
That's true! Still irritating though.

Old 06-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #1004
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
That's true! Still irritating though.
Probably the most irritating aspect of it is the general inconsiderate nature of some people, and not so much the travel time.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:32 PM   #1005
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Probably the most irritating aspect of it is the general inconsiderate nature of some people, and not so much the travel time.
Yes, that exactly.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:03 PM   #1006
MegF.
Definitely.....sort of like some of the snake calls I get. I reschedule my customer, drive all the way over to move the snake from their yard and they headed back into the house and have noooo idea where it went......

Old 06-27-2020, 02:23 AM   #1007
lvchris
yeah, I have never had much luck with anything on Craigslist here in Vegas.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:16 PM   #1008
hypnoctopus
Today I saw an ad for a large adult corn snake being cohabbed with a garter snake in a 20 gallon tank. Can't imagine the snakes are too happy with that! (Although they do look healthy.)

Old 10-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #1009
hypnoctopus
These are my favorite ads that keep popping up:

My thought is that they are pieces cut and pasted from other ads, since a lot of these phrases are very common. I know they are targeting the absolutely most gullible and/or illiterate people, but I can't imagine anyone reading an ad like this and thinking it's legit.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:57 PM   #1010
DollysMom
That sure is a weird size enclosure for a terrestrial snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google